Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 5.45.45 PM.png
The macOS Mojave 10.14 Public Beta is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS Mojave to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

This site will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Therefore we’ve added new subforums for the beta where users can post for support: Mojave Desktop Support, Mojave Desktop Guides, Mojave Laptop Support and Mojave Laptop Guides.

If you're installing the Public Beta, let us know how it goes!

Related:
How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta USB
Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Last edited:
The macOS Mojave 10.14 Public Beta is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS Mojave to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

This site will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Therefore we’ve added new subforums for the beta where users can post for support: Mojave Desktop Support, Mojave Desktop Guides, Mojave Laptop Support and Mojave Laptop Guides.

If you're installing the Public Beta, let us know how it goes!

Related:
How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta USB
Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Are you sure? Their not going to take it away again are they?

Last edited:
BTW can someone upload these kexts from "Sierra" only, not high sierra:

AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

For post install, you guy's use the High Sierra MutiBeast or what?

I installed Mojave this morning, running the installer from High Sierra Applications directory with the destination disk set to a spare 60Gb throwaway I had.
Installation went flawlessly and found that booting from the Clover that I use to boot High Sierra seemed to work fine.
As this was a first attempt, with absolutely nothing to lose I took the horn by the bulls and copied out the kexts (drivers) from the High Sierra /Library/Extensions onto the Mojave Desktop, then using Kextbeast I put them into the Mojave /Library/Extensions directory:
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
FakeSMC's (all 5)
IntelMausiEthernet
NullCPUPowerManagement

So far everything seems to be fine and working as it should, audio is not a problem as I have an M-Audio Super DAC.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Intel i7 7700k
nVidia GTX 970
24Gb Crucial RAM
240Gb Samsung EVO (with High Sierra)
60Gb Throwaway SSD
Various other mechanical HDD's

I installed Mojave this morning, running the installer from High Sierra Applications directory with the destination disk set to a spare 60Gb throwaway I had.
Installation went flawlessly and found that booting from the Clover that I use to boot High Sierra seemed to work fine.
As this was a first attempt, with absolutely nothing to lose I took the horn by the bulls and copied out the kexts (drivers) from the High Sierra /Library/Extensions onto the Mojave Desktop, then using Kextbeast I put them into the Mojave /Library/Extensions directory:
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
FakeSMC's (all 5)
IntelMausiEthernet
NullCPUPowerManagement

So far everything seems to be fine and working as it should, audio is not a problem as I have an M-Audio Super DAC.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Intel i7 7700k
nVidia GTX 970
24Gb Crucial RAM
240Gb Samsung EVO (with High Sierra)
60Gb Throwaway SSD
Various other mechanical HDD's
does the gtx 970 works? acceleration and all?

does the gtx 970 works? acceleration and all?
It worked out-the-box so to speak, accelerations and all :)

Update > I have to seriously apologize. I'd forgotten that when I installed High Sierra I had changed the GTX 970 in my Hack to the GTX 760i that was in my Windows box. So it is the GTX 760i that works out the box.
I am so sorry for the mislead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back