Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are TheCythe and I really the only ones actually having an issue with the installer saying that it cannot install Mojave because the recourses cannot be found?!?!

I've tried it all, I tried creating a bootable USB using Terminal and the installer DMG. and I still get the error. I tried to make another bootable USB, this time adding clover to it and adding in the FakeSMC.Kext to the clover "Other" folder and still same issue.

PLEASE anyone that can assist here, it would be well appreciated. I've been trying this since 12:30 yesterday and stayed up until 4AM trying different things, same results every time. I see all the success stories, but why is mine so different.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this installer is a miserable piece of crap. More spite, cowardace, poor engineering from the fruit company I guess. Tried literally everything (including bootable USB), and same error every time. "Installer Resources cannot be found".

-Clover 4676
-All kexts updated in Other folder
-NVRAM working
-APFS working via latest Clover method
-System def, UUID, ROM all correct
-Corrected date/time/UFC in Clover UEFI shell
-booted with nv_disable=1
-attemped with SIP enabled / disabled

My mojave installer log reveals a few suspect lines:

Failed to locate volume with UUID E39863B0-34DA-34CA-B57F-80DED174AFAE (I have no volume with this UUID??)
No file at /System/Installation/Packages/Extras/minstallconfig.xml (huh? this file is located at /macOS Install Data/)
Failed to open installer document
Failed to get UUID for system rebless

"Packages" in macOS Install Data/BaseSystem.dmg/System/Installation is just an alias and leads nowhere

Last edited:
Updated no problem from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14 (w/ APFS and FileVault 2 enabled). Everything works perfect!

Steps Performed:

1. Take a backup (e.g. CCC, TimeMachine, etc.)!
2. Update Clover to the latest version here
3. Update all kext drivers required for your build (use Lilu and Friends to download/compile and put all kexts into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other)
4. Update FakeSMC and plugins using RehabMan's link here
5. Reboot
6. Verify hackintosh boots no problem!
7. Download Mojave from the App Store
8. Install Mojave

My build rebooted a couple times during the update, each time Clover automatically chose the correct boot option.

Here's a couple great resources pertaining to my build configuration:
- BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build
- Dual GPU from @njcoons
- [Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

For Dual GPU you can use Lilu+Whatevergreen. Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixup are no longer needed (they were all integrated with Whatevergreen). I did not need the boot flags.

For the SSDT and Config.plist, the USB ports on my motherboard work perfect and my config.plist has my own personal edits, but thought many reading this forum could benefit from a generic config.plist tailored to the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard w/ i7 8700k and RX 580.
I have a question. I'm kinda confused. I have my 10.13 working. How do I update Clover? What are the options I have to click while I'm updating Clover or is just the default ones. I got the same set up as you?

I too was able to install Mojave successfully on my High Sierra hackintosh using the version of Clover that was already on there, v. 2.4, rev. 4458, Build 2018-05-12. It probably was not the latest as I never did the Mojave public beta installation. This was on the "Main Hackintosh" build outlined below in my sig.

I was actually surprised it worked! My understanding was that on a Hackintosh you could not do a direct upgrade to a new generation of OS. Has something changed about that or was I operating under a misconception?
OK. Got it!
I was struggling with how to update Clover Boot loader... but once that was done, it's gone pretty smoothly.

1) Backed up current boot drive (to spare SSD)
2) Upgraded to newest Clover (r4674)
3) Updated Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to newest version (EFI\CLOVER\KEXTS\OTHER)
4) Replaced port limit setting with new one (eliminated the older ones; I had 3?)
  1. Open config.plist with clover configurator
  2. Select Kernel and Kext Patches
  3. Select the “+” at the button and input:
    1. Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    2. Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
    3. Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90
    4. Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
  4. Save config.plist (restarted and made sure everything was still working)
5) Downloaded Mojave from App Store, and installed.
6) Restarted a few times and always picked the correct boot selection at Clover menu.
7) 100% completely working system (just as before) with audio, network, bluetooth, graphics, etc. Seems very quick and smooth thus far.

Can say THANK YOU enough to people in this forum... great helpful community.

Joe

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 644
success updated through App Store, everything seems ok, all is working even iMessage, FaceTime and audio over HDMI

here is my boot log, Im not expert please tell me if you noticed something wrong

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    26.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Updated using the latest Clover bootloader, installed Mojave without incident. But I'm a bit confused. For those of you running AMD GPUs have you found that you have had to turn on the iGPU to be able to export H.264? My usual config for years has been boot from PCIe slot with AMD GPU. But as of High Sierra. H.264 export stopped working. I'm running 18,3 SIMBIOS. I have to have both Inject Intel and RadeonDeInit set in config.plist as well as Intelfix and watevergreen in the Other folder.

Interestingly, I just tried a Sierra backup and two things of interest, 1) FCPX will export H.264 with the iGPU turned off but the render is 2X slower, 2) Activity Monitor shows the four cores only maxing out and my CPU fan goes to top speed and Intel Power Gadget shows I'm hitting my 5 GHz overclock and temps running 80 degrees.

Running on Mojave, I need to use the same High Sierra setup with the iGPU on. Curiously, Activity Monitor shows that the cores and threads are now being used, clock does not go over 3.2, the fan is quiet, CPU temp is around 40 degrees yet the export is about 2x faster. I'm not certain QuickSync is enabled.

So, I guess the conclusion is that I should just leave well enough alone and be happy it works. Any insights? Is this bizarre or normal? Can I get even better performance if I can get the CPU to work harder? Thanks.
If your application is using intel quicksync to render your h.264, the igpu MUST be enabled. If you don’t enable your igpu, quicksync will not work.

I have a question. I'm kinda confused. I have my 10.13 working. How do I update Clover? What are the options I have to click while I'm updating Clover or is just the default ones. I got the same set up as you?
The easy way to update Clover is to run MultiBeast v10.4.0 (and updated MultiBeast will be available in a few days) just selecting:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Build > Install
Reboot​
Clover r4630 will be installed. You should probably update your kexts in /Library/Extensions/ folder. For more information, see Post #287 and/or open a thread in Mojave Desktop Support asking for information as this thread is an Announcement thread, not a help thread.

I keep reading "update clover" and I'm not 100% sure which steps to do to make that happen. I'm on Clover r4380 on a PERFECTLY working 10.13.6 High Sierra build (Z270X Ultra Gaming, Intel i5 7600k, Radeon RX580, and Samsung NVMe SSD).

How to I go about updating the clover on my boot drive? Reading that I keep the config.plist and my kext/other folder and rebuild the rest from scratch? Missing the how-to part on how to do that. Appreciate the help.

Tried App Store download and install of Mojave... 1st reboot happens and progress bar just hangs after minimal progress.
download the latest build of clover from sourceforge and select options for your build, and then install.
you can also get the updater to your desktop using the update feature in clover configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back