Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated and having issues with my Wi-Fi PCIe not being recognized @ all (Rosewill RNWD-N9003PCE)
Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext (found inside IO80211Family.kext, supporting many Atheros Wifi cards) in 10.14.
Try adding it with v12.0 from High Sierra - See post #263
my graphics card not recognized as well (AMD Radeon HD 6450)...
Mojave requires Metal API compatible GPUs, so anything below Intel HD4000/ Nvidia Kepler/ AMD 7xxx Series will not work OOB.

Ok thanks I have three drives I use for backups which I clone with CCC, just want to make sure.

Are TheCythe and I really the only ones actually having an issue with the installer saying that it cannot install Mojave because the recourses cannot be found?!?!

I've tried it all, I tried creating a bootable USB using Terminal and the installer DMG. and I still get the error. I tried to make another bootable USB, this time adding clover to it and adding in the FakeSMC.Kext to the clover "Other" folder and still same issue.

PLEASE anyone that can assist here, it would be well appreciated. I've been trying this since 12:30 yesterday and stayed up until 4AM trying different things, same results every time. I see all the success stories, but why is mine so different.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

All good here on the update. I could never get last update to High Sierra to install but this one went through without a hitch, except for the NViDia web driver, of course.

Smooth update for me. No issues. Only had to fix wifi atheros ar9285. :) GT710 nvidia native support

So I just tried to upgrade one of my drives and at the first reboot, I get stuck in this loop. Now I have not upgraded clover yet, I am a little scared to in case I am unable to get into my system after the upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 210
Just updated to Mojave.
Till now everything works!
Just one problem, my external drive is being detected as an internal drive. Please tell me its fix.Screenshot 2018-09-26 at 1.44.03 AM.png Screenshot 2018-09-26 at 1.48.21 AM.png

AppleHDA is part of macOS, re run the installer if you have corrupted yours
Thanks, I know. I may have misunderstood the poster's point earlier, but I took took it to mean that he only got sound to work after using the AppleHDA.kext from as far back as Mavericks. Ever since I installed Mojave on a secondary disk I haven't been able to get sound devices recognized and so I'm a bit desperate to try any new trick. For this reason I'm also reluctant to try updating from High Sierra on my main disk. Really can't afford to lose sound...

I started my download of Mojave through the appstore and while I was downloading, I updated my Clover to the most recent version (forgot to update anything else i.e. kexts). Near the end of the download, it said "installing" (in the app store) and then finished so I figured I would just restart. I boot into Clover now but any option from boot normally to my SSD to Filevault and Preboot will just give me an infinite black screen. I can mount my EFI through my Windows Dual boot but i'm not sure what I'm missing. Help!

Asus Maximus VIII Gene
i7-6700k
GTX 1080

Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext (found inside IO80211Family.kext, supporting many Atheros Wifi cards) in 10.14. Try adding it with v12.0 from High Sierra - See post #263
Try installing the AirPortAtheros40.kext into S/L/E and restart. It fixed it for me.
It worked! Had to install it in S / L / E using KextBeast and rebooted! So glad you helped me out with that information! I have a Rosewill RNWD-N9003PCE so I was worried maybe it wasn't supported or something... thanks!

Mojave requires Metal API compatible GPUs, so anything below Intel HD4000/ Nvidia Kepler/ AMD 7xxx Series will not work OOB.
Appreciate you telling me this... which brand do you recommend me replacing it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back