Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
update went ok from 10.13.6 to Mojave except for the sound...Shows on HDMI but not via the outputs on Mobo...

That didn't seem to work, I keep getting that error. I've tried 4 reboots.

Am I selecting the wrong thing in Clover?

It seems to auto select "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" but I select "Install Mac OS (Drive Name)"

I noticed since I have 2 separate SSDs that have different HS builds on it with diff system definitions, my Clover UIs are different. It looks like my new build has older Clover UI (Black and shows drives to be HFS) and my older build has newer UI (Gray background with green Icons) Could this be causing an issue as I have to select my new SSD upon boot by pressing F12 to select my SSD 860 boot OS and then run Mojave installer, reboot again hit F12 select my drive, presented the older Clover UI select install macOS (Drive Name).

I could be doing this wrong, any advice?

Also getting this stupid error. Infuriating.

If you have a properly configured USB setup (within 15 port limit), no need for port limit patching.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I have more than 15 ports. It seems that in order for the 3.0 port to work you have to enable the 2.0 as well. I did find that the above port limit patch which I installed in 10.13.6 and in all Mojave betas without issue. The upgrade disabled it and with USB inject all and my customssdt removed to double check to see if I get all the ports all I can see is 15 ports. HS01-14 and ss01-03. It appears that the port limit patch is broken again

Success: I deleted port limit patch and reinstalled. The rebuilt custom ssdt. All good now. All USB 3.0 ports I activated are working.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have High Sierra installed and work very well.
I wait nvidia web drivers and will upgrade.

I have 2 SSDs. I updated from App Store successfuly on my cloned SSD which is for daily backup. Then I used Carbon cloner to copy the cloned SSD to the other SSD which I use every day. BTW, I use ADM graphics card, so I don't have to wait for the new graphic card driver.

So, I decided to go for it on my 8700K system, and it seemed to go well, EXCEPT (of course there's an except) for Clover Configurator 5.2.0.1.

It won't run. If I start it, it crashes, and then if I start it again, it may stay up, but if I even think about mounting an EFI partition, it dies and it won't run. I am able to use CC 5.1.3.1 and it does not crash, and it will open EFI partitions, so that's a workaround for me.

Upgrade went okay, but this OS is a big OS....and the upgrade was slow.....three reboots and it took much longer than Sierra or High Sierra did.....

I think I'll wait on the big boy (the iMac Pro X299 system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back