Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update did NOT work on my previously flawless hackintosh. Black screen on boot plus other issues. Will continue to troubleshoot, but strongly recommend you do not do this upgrade until more information available.

Did you happen to update your clover install? If so it could be the cause of your black screen. Latest builds tend to remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the drivers64UEFI folder. Just restore the file & you're back in business.

Agree. It needs more contrast, like a lighter grey in dialog headers....it's not that big of a deal to me.....
It's the window highlight that looks wrong to me. The font smoothing setting also looks worse (the font weight increases drastically) in dark than it does in aqua, though the rendering when it's switched off is much improved.

Don't understand why your installation of Mojave on your clone did not automatically change its file system to APFS. You did write that this was an external SSD, not external HD...

Correct, when I updated to Mojave on the external SSD the Mojave Installer updated the external SSD file system to APFS as you would expect. I then used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone Mojave from the external SSD back on to my NVMe MacOS system partition which is HFS+.

Carbon Copy Cloner does not modify the destination file system to match the source.

This is the only method I know that works 100%, prior to today I did some test's with the unsolid.kext but that seemed to stop working with the last few Mohave Beta's and the release version.

Cheers
Jay

Did you happen to update your clover install? If so it could be the cause of your black screen. Latest builds tend to remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the drivers64UEFI folder. Just restore the file & you're back in business.

Thank you soo much this helped me. I was able to get into boot screen after updating Clover getting rid of my black screen but unfortunately still can not install Mojave update.

Installer resources not found. AGAIN

With past updates, I also got the "installer Resources not Found" screnn. Although have not tried it on Mojave, I simply turned the machine off and made sure the power supply was disconnected. Waited a magic minute, turned everything on and it continued.

Build 18A391.
Installed from the AppStore.
Previous version was the latest beta.
No issues.
Latest Clover.

Me, Too - Greetings from JPN.

<< On my case, the summary is below >>
- Build 18A391.
- ( Directly) Installed from the App Store.

- Previous version was OSx 10.13.5 ( because OSx 10.13.6 was so worst - Never activated the nVidia Web Driver ).

- Some issues :
aa) Need to boot the Safety mode under select -options,
bb) and Still waiting for nVidia Web Driver for Mojave -- So my GTX1080Ti is never correctly recognized )
cc) one more: Logicool control Software is still for the previous version (10.13.x) - slow update since my m702t mouse is clearly recognized).
dd) Norton Security app is not working though I kick it to run. For some security(or license control) reason, I need to do uninstalling & re-install.
ee) My mac favor app : Onyx for Mojave is coming soon as the new level. the current installed one is only for macOS High Sierra.
ff) Air Play is not worked, so I feel to wait for until the newer MultiBeast (11.x) coming soon.

- Latest Clover -- A few days ago, I did install the latest Clover bootloader - Lvl 4674 as a preparation work).

A quick evaluation : How nice the operation of "Mojave ( More Jobs ?) " is ...

Best regards.

Last edited:

Add AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi, and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead.

Install worked fine, machine seems to overall be working fine BUT... no sound. No output sources (other than airplay) listed. Tried to run audio_cloverALC-130_v0.5, but it said 10.14 wasn't supported. Advice? thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 8.43.16 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back