Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help I have tried to update to mojave on my ASUS z97 Pro WiFi ac it has gone through the process and converted the drive to apfs however halfway through doing this is said system restarting which I thought was part of the conversion and now the drive is not visible. I have gone into a usb installer I have where I can see the drive and that it Has tried to convert it but when I run a first aid test it says it is corrupt and needs rescuing in recovery mode. How can I sort this or even do a full recovery from time machine I can’t even see how to do that

Current Nvidia drivers will *NOT* work on macOS Mojave. You can modify it so your graphics card will be recognized, but there will be *NO* acceleration. This is because Mojave introduces Metal 2 (rather than the previous Metal), which no Nvidia web driver supports as of today. The only way to get graphics acceleration working again on your Hackintosh will be waiting until Nvidia releases a compatible web driver.

Current Nvidia drivers will *NOT* work on macOS Mojave. You can modify it so your graphics card will be recognized, but there will be *NO* acceleration. This is because Mojave introduces Metal 2 (rather than the previous Metal), which no Nvidia web driver supports as of today. The only way to get graphics acceleration working again on your Hackintosh will be waiting until Nvidia releases a compatible web driver.

There is a short waiting line for the Nvidia Mojave drivers, I'd suggest that more people stand in that line until the release day. It's kind of like a new iPhone event where people camp out for days just to get a new phone. Except this line only has one or two people in it.

There is a short waiting line for the Nvidia Mojave drivers, I'd suggest that more people stand in that line until the release day. It's kind of like a new iPhone event where people camp out for days just to get a new phone. Except this line only has one or two people in it.
so your advise is revert to high sierra? and just wait?

Do I need any new apfs.efi for the Mohave update? Didn't find any...
I have the latest 10.13.6 apfs installed and the latest clover r4630. Am I ready to update?
Thanks

That's what I would do if I owned an Nvidia Pascal card. The Intel HD graphics, 4000 or newer will work with Mojave if you can't wait for Nvidia.

If you need full video acceleration, YES.

If you want to keep exploring Mojave, perhaps disable your dedicated card and use the internal one.

I’m trying to update from app store.
I updated Clover, lilu, whatevergreen, applealc and apfs.efi .
Now when i boot the system or the installation i get stacked here:
View attachment 352594

I am getting the exact same error. I got it too on the beta, and gave up (only spend 1/2 day trying).

I can load 10.13.6 fine with my clover r4674. I tried with 1 ram block in my motherboard, same thing.

This has given me the biggest headache ever in a hackintosh :)

If you need full video acceleration, YES.

If you want to keep exploring Mojave, perhaps disable your dedicated card and use the internal one.
will it take another half a year for them to update? what is your opinion?

Look page 1, it is there
Update all your kext file u use...

Do you mean the inofficial post from 'Kevinjones90'?
Isn't there any official source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back