Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing the same loading bar issue. Any update on this?

EDIT: I updated to the latest version of Clover and made sure to select "Install for Mac OS" instead of the two other install options appearing.

I had 2 of my machines stuck at the install bar even with a new clover version (latest rehabman and latest official). verbose output at that point was "unsupported CPU, unsupported PCH". The way I got around this was not updating directly but updating from an usb installmedia instead. Desktop has no issues with Audio / USB3. Still need to test my laptops.

Just installed from Mac App Store and working fine. My only problem is that there is no NVIDIA Web Driver available at the moment that supports 10.14. Anyone know a possible work around?

With a Radeon RX 580 card, there is no concern about Nvidia drivers -- replacing my Nvidia card with a Radeon RX 580 was the best decision ever, and it paid off grandiosely in the Mojave upgrade.

Truly, the easiest upgrade so far.

- Upgrade Clover
- make sure all kexts are upgraded to latest versions
- download and run the Mojave installer.
- After the first boot, launch from the MacOS Installer Preboot
- After the second boot, launch to the Filevault Prebooter
- then, regular boot

Only think that doesn't work is the audio, and that's because Toleda doesn't have his Mojave stuff finished yet. I'm looking at other alternatives right now. Not much of a problem, as I'm running from USB speakers, so those work just fine.

So far, so good.

What a day... I had to upgrade Clover (before upgrading to Mojave). Ok. Installed, copied from the main disk to the EFI folder. Hey, do you want to merge or replace folder? What a question, of course, I want to replace... oh, wait. Thank God I have a Windows installation too! I've repaired MacOS installation from Windows, by mounting and copying all required stuff to EFI partition. So, yeah, despite some "minor" problems I've had (caused by my stupidity) it seems that everything is working without problems (except for sound, surprisingly, MacOS have found Oculus Rift as a sound output :D), but I saw that there were responses for sound problems, so I'll find my solution! Also, yeah, those NVIDIA drivers...

Yes, wait.
I have upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave 18A391 straight from the downloaded 18A391 in Applications.
Worked super duper quick especially saving on time having to make a USB installer and upgrading from that, which is slowing things down a lot. Used a spare drive with Sierra on so that I can get the Clover menu choices
needed during the upgrade. Now waiting for Nvidia, however the built in drivers work quite well in single monitor mode. If I did not have 2 monitors I would probably not bother about Nvidia drivers at all. A huge improvement from Apple on this score.

Well, installed normally into my hardware.
  • i5 7400
  • Asus B150 C/BR
  • 16gb RAM
  • Nvidia 1050ti
Weird that I had to delete Lilu and Whatever green from /kexts/Other because it was hanging the install with some ACPI message.

For now, my only issue is that Nvidia didn't pull out any video drivers. What a shame ...

I hope they update soon

Well, installed normally into my hardware.
  • i5 7400
  • Asus B150 C/BR
  • 16gb RAM
  • Nvidia 1050ti
Weird that I had to delete Lilu and Whatever green from /kexts/Other because it was hanging the install with some ACPI message.

For now, my only issue is that Nvidia didn't pull out any video drivers. What a shame ...

I hope they update soon
Same issue 1050ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back