Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> macOS Mojave freezes after a few seconds after booting up into the desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H - 1.0
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HARDWARE:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H - 1.0
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 - Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT Gray 8 GB - DDR4
Ethernet: Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
SSD: KINGSTON SA400S37120G

Hello,

I succesfully installed macOS Mojave on my pc using UniBeast. When I'm booting up I choose the EUFI USB and then I click the SSD with macOS installed on it. After I've logged in succesfully I can use the system for a few seconds and then the screen freezes, I cant use the keyboard and the mouse. The laser even turns off and it looks like he isnt even plugged in.

I installed it via the USB (formatted the SSD with APSF, then installed), then chose boot Prebooter from Preboot, when it finished installing I wanted to choose to boot from Filevault but it kept freezing so I decided to try booting via Clover into the SSD and it worked. It let me set up but it froze at the iCloud setup screen so I forced restarted it. After that I could see the desktop but it froze after just a few seconds, couldn't use mouse and keyboard. When I force restart I can use the system for a bit but freezes again after a few seconds.

I don't know what to do and what I could try because I cant find that much on the internet and I am new to this, so I decided to post my problem to this forum so someone maybe could help me.

Feel free the ask questions and photos/videos etc. about this problem to help me, thank you so much.

Please help me,

Kind regards

Your Nvidia graphics card is NOT supported on Mojave. Try removing that and using the motherboard graphics instead.

Could I ask you a favour? I really don't know which kexts to install, I've searched the internet but I don't know which, there are too many. It's okay if you think I'm stupid.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H - 1.0
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 - Processor
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 chipset
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT Gray 8 GB - DDR4
Ethernet: Intel i219V LAN
SSD: KINGSTON SA400S37120G
Audio: Realtek ALC887

The main ones I have are:-

AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
Whatevergreen.kext
USBInjectall.kext

MultiBeast should add any others not mentioned above that you need, depending on your particular hardware.

You should also look into creating your own SSDT to remove the need for the USB 15 port limit patch in your config.plist. Just about every update breaks the old patch, and you have to wait for someone to find a new one, and is the recommended way to go to avoid this. It looks daunting to begin with but if you follow the directions you can do it in about 15 minutes. Ignore all the bits about laptops which is what makes it more daunting that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back