Contribute
Register

"macOS Mojave cannot be installed on this computer" alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI x299 SLI Plus
CPU
Intel Core i7 7800x
Graphics
Saphire Radeon Vega Pulse 56 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have the following pc with high sierra, and i'm trying to get Mojave on it.

Intel i7 7800x Skylake-x 3.5Ghz
MSI SLI Plus x299
16GB Vengeance Corsair
240GB M2 2280
PNY Geforce 1070 8GB

I managed to go until the installation menu screen, with disk utility, install macos, etc, but when i try to proceed, it gives me the "macOS Mojave cannot be installed on this computer." message/alert.

Is there somebody with this same problem? Theoretically, my config is way better than enough for mojave =(

Do you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/ directory?

This issue is usually caused by a Graphical issue or SMBIOS. Unlikely but possible error if your BIOS time does not match the apple time of your installer. It's also advised in your case to physically unplug all the drives except the one you plan to install Mojave on.

Already removed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi... and my config is the same for High Sierra, so i don't believe is a SMBIOS problem. I saw a post about the apple time, is there a way to try to update it during the install? Already tryied to run ntpdate -u time.apple.com at terminal but it says the command does not exist =(

And i just have the usb stick and the M2 plugged in the PC right now...

Some people report removing one Ram and putting it back on after finishing the installation working for them, maybe should give it a shot see what happens.

ammm i just have a 1x16gb memory, if i try to remove it from the computer, it won't even start... other thing: it wont even install considering that the problem is just when i click "install macos" to proceed with copying the system to the M2. =/

I had this issue, I think. It's hard to tell without a screenshot. I recreated my usb drive with a patcher, and used a clover folder from insanely mac. Suggest looking into insanely mac forums.

This was the ONLY problem with Mojave install for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back