Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
There isn't even a kernel panic that occurs, it just blacks out and restarts randomly a bit after boot. Sometimes this doesn't occur, but most of the time it does. Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• debug_13680 2.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 66
It seems to be a "shutdown stall", logs here:

Attachments

• spindump.txt
    243.9 KB · Views: 191
It seems to be a "shutdown stall", logs here:
you should be disabling your nvidia graphics as that isn't compatible with Mojave:
Code:
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Detect</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
this should also be disabled:
disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit RehabMan, based prior PMHeart patch)

SMCHelper.efi should be removed and virutalSMC.efi should be in it's place

Fixed those, though the sudden reboots are still occurring. Is there any better way of troubleshooting this? It either reboots just when I get onto the desktop or it never happens again till I reboot.

Attachments

• debug_5863 2.zip
    6 MB · Views: 61
My keyboard and touchpad don't work with Voodoo

Unless I'm missing a patch or something

So I figured out that it was a kernel panic, but when I boot with debug=0x100 instead of rebooting on kernel panic it freezes, without anything about the KP displayed. How can I fix this?

@tsmswifty: have you found out the root cause? I am having exact same behavior.
My Hackintosh (Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING, rev. 1.0, AMD Radeon RX 580) was running smooth for the last 18 month - no problem ever after the first installation of Mojave.
Yesterday my PC started rebooting right after start. I did not install, upgrade or change anything that could explain this behavior. Even more strange, all of a sudden (maybe after 10 reboots) system started working again. (Sometimes I could still work for a couple of seconds before system rebooted and I used this short moments to free some space on boot disk, which was pretty much full.) Yesterday I thought, that freeing disk space was the reason, why the system started working again and it worked perfectly for the rest of the day - even after manual reboots.
But today the system reboots constantly - even quicker than yesterday, so that I can not do anything.
The reboots only happens after I log in with the user. Before user login, the system can show the user login screen without rebooting. Also I found out, that the reboot is much quicker, when the network cable is connected - than it sometimes even reboots before user login screen.
I have Windows installed on the same SSD on a different partition. The system is completely stable when running Windows and I have done all kinds of hardware test, without seeing any issues.

Also, I do not get any hints when reading the spindump of the shutdown_stall_2020-09-02-114900_kermit.shutdownStall

Date/Time: 2020-09-02 11:48:58 +0200
End time: 2020-09-02 11:48:59 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (Build 18G95)
Architecture: x86_64h
Report Version: 28

Data Source: Stackshots
Shared Cache: 0x1dfdc000 4F3AAEE3-7A3A-3917-8D62-4DAEF587F479

Event: shutdown stall
Duration: 1.01s (sampling started after 2 seconds)
Steps: 101 (10ms sampling interval)

Hardware model: iMac18,3
Active cpus: 6
Boot args: dart=0 debug=0x100 slide=0 keepsyms=1 -disablegfxfirmware

Time Awake Since Boot: 61s

Any1 any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back