Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be...reformatted 960 to APFS, CCC throws up that warning re non bootable (I assume for a Mac, no Clover involved), but with the Clone donor attached, I booted up in the 960 sporting an APFS volume. I'll try removing the other drive, see if it survives another boot...thanks for the info.

it failed until i replaced my plist with a flimsy quick=bake one. booted right up! no other drives present! yeah, previously i had manually copied over stuff after cloning, but no go. weird that a simple plist would do it. thanks again!

it failed until i replaced my plist with a flimsy quick=bake one. booted right up! no other drives present! yeah, previously i had manually copied over stuff after cloning, but no go. weird that a simple plist would do it. thanks again!
Did you bake it yourself?

Offtopic but since I have you talking about it..

My Samsung PM961 Evo reaches speeds up to 1200 write for the first seconds, but then it starts throttling down, all the way down to around 350 mb/s. It was the same in El Capitan, I went Sierra for hope of better NVMe drivers..

I'm on a laptop if that makes any difference. If I stop the test and wait a minute or less, the drive will be able to reach 1000+ again... and then the throttling begins.

Offtopic but since I have you talking about it..

My Samsung PM961 Evo reaches speeds up to 1200 write for the first seconds, but then it starts throttling down, all the way down to around 350 mb/s. It was the same in El Capitan, I went Sierra for hope of better NVMe drivers..

I'm on a laptop if that makes any difference. If I stop the test and wait a minute or less, the drive will be able to reach 1000+ again... and then the throttling begins.

sounds like the drive needs to be trimmed, did you format it when you upgraded?

sounds like the drive needs to be trimmed, did you format it when you upgraded?
I'm actually on Sierra.. did a trimforce enable just now but same results.. but I will take this elsewhere, clogging the thread.

it's normal, if the drive is getting hot, it can throttle, or as the drive cache gets saturated during the write test, the drives nand is left to fend for itself until the cache is again able to handle speced i/o.

Did you bake it yourself?
Yes, just used all the Sierra options as pointed out by pete1959. I had previously used a premade (along w/other install files) offered in a tutorial for rampage IV extreme boards, so Clover Configurator had me down for a MP 6,1. So I used the generate config.plist option in Configurator (producing a 'config-generate.plist' file), then check Sierra options in kext-to-Patch, save, go to the mounted NVMe drive Clover EFI folder, renamed existing plist to .bak, then rename the just generated 'config-generate.plist' to 'config.plist', add the new plist to clover EFI folder. unmount EFI, rebuild caches, and reboot.

Last edited:
I have a few config-old1.plist (..) config-old8.plist laying around the clover folder... ahah

I think you need to keep the config part in the name so it shows in clover. Just confirming what was said above.

Cool to know APFS is for SSDs. Too bad mine is sata :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back