Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay... from what I've been reading, audio and video are mostly normal (usable) right?

and any of you guys have suggestions for the APFS partition? Just doing a new partition on a GPT disk is good enough? (can't see what would be different if I formatted the whole disk)

If I try I'll post results. :)

How is APFS performance in Blackmagic Speed tests or AJA Lite?

Everything seems fine except 4k VP9 video (.webm) playback, from 10.13 beta 17A264c to 17A291m same, now the only video player for me is Chrome, 4K VP9 video playback correctly.
Have you tried MPlayerX?
Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.00.14.png

Last edited:
^@Vulgo

hmmm, interesting. The performance seems slower.

Well it’s designed for SSDs, don’t think it’s meant for spinners
Well, it is too slow for normal, i.e., performance=important use with single disks. Maybe in RAID, but I haven't heard about anyone trying this. Be good for Time Machine backups, and of course iPhones and flash based storage.

How did you install to your EVO? The installer never sees my 960...

When I formatted my EVO to APFS, the installer did not see it 'unknown file format' error...and I could not store anything on it...cloned my APFS SSD install over, but it has to be HFS...so you did not use any patches? Not sure I understand. you upgraded Sierra, or you used a USB installer and did not patch? What clone software did you use, as CCC state HFS for now re HS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back