i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a public beta release? if not, are we allowed to discuss aspects of it? The reason I am asking I don't want to fall foul of the forum rules, because at the moment I am running it on my test rig, all is working apart from graphics and sound, which I consider a work in progress.

Well, we opened the forums up a little early- the Public Beta should be coming soon. Hold off on installation notes and stuff until it's released.

Anyone using APFS on their rotational hard drive?

Well, we opened the forums up a little early- the Public Beta should be coming soon. Hold off on installation notes and stuff until it's released.

Ok understood - Yes I totally agree with your point to hold off installation notes and the like because it was a pig of a job for me to get it up and running. It took me three or four attempts to get past the installation stage and reach the desktop, so right now I wouldn't know where to start an installation tutorial to help others.

Hi All,

This article says it was released a couple days ago June 26th:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/26/macos-high-sierra-public-beta-1/

Perhaps some public beta users do not have access yet and some do??
Says a bit later:
"[Update: iOS 11 public beta 1 is rolling out now, but macOS High Sierra may not be available yet. macOS High Sierra public beta is still coming soon." so I do not think it is out yet - I tried and HS Publis Beta is not out yet - just developer's Beta is out.
Be patient - it should not be long now.

Here is my effort so far - no audio and no driver for my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 Ti card so no video acceleration which is understandable as High Sierra is still at the infant stage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 17.22.14.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 17.22.14.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 344
Everything seems fine except 4k VP9 video (.webm) playback, from 10.13 beta 17A264c to 17A291m same, now the only video player for me is Chrome, 4K VP9 video playback correctly.

Attachments

• 1013 VP9 webm.png
    1013 VP9 webm.png
    3 MB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back