Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra To Be Released September 25, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. I have been working with the adobe suite on my hack for years and everything is running smooth. You do need a license so you can use the updates, but things work just great.

This is a bit off-topic about High Sierra.

Macnb already addressed this. FCPX destroys Adobe Premiere in the speed optimization department(especially at 4k). Tends to favour AMD over nVidia because of OpenCL. Davinci Resolve 14, might be a contender. Early reports on that aside from Stabilization, and minimal edits, it's the new king in macOS.

/off-topic

Nonsense. I have been working with the Adobe Suite on my hack for years, and everything is running smooth. You do need a license so you can use the updates, but things work just great.
All my software is legit and I have been using Adobe stuff since v1. I had Adobe cloud but Premier would crash twice per session and Photoshop was slowing down and didn't need all the power of Illustrator anymore. I switched to FCPX, Motion and Affinity suite and it all runs MUCH faster than the Adobe products. Just my experience. I'm happy to be free of the Adobe could BS.

I think I remember reading somewhere that High Sierra now supports NVMe natively. Is this still true? Eagerly waiting to update to High Sierra.

Of course, but I really do not like how people use computer and PC as synonyms. They are not.

PC literally means Personal Computer. Unless you are trying to differentiate between a Mac and a Windows PC, then I'm not sure what your point is.

PC literally means Personal Computer. Unless you are trying to differentiate between a Mac and a Windows PC, then I'm not sure what your point is.
I use PC for a personal computer running a x86 CPU. Windows, Mac OS X, GNULlinux are OSs for x86, that makes them PC OSs. Tablets and smartphones use ARM CPUs. iOS, Android are ARM OSs, that run on computers running ARM CPUs.

I use PC for a personal computer running a x86 CPU. Windows, Mac OS X, GNULlinux are OSs for x86, that makes them PC OSs. Tablets and smartphones use ARM CPUs. iOS, Android are ARM OSs, that run on computers running ARM CPUs.

Because you see PC to mean x86 CPU running Windows, macOS etc, doesn't mean that's a fact and therefore applies to everyone, everywhere.

Personal Computer always mean't a computer operated by one person as opposed to a mainframe that was operated by multiple people. Tablets, phones, Macs, Windows PC etc all fall under this name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer#Tablet

So Macs are just Apple-branded PCs with good software then.

Exacltly. Nobody is following a set definaition these days. Most people call devices by name. I don't own a mobile portable device, I own an iPad. I may own a laptop but if you ask it's a MacBook. If you say PC most people are going to think Windows desktop. If someone says they have a laptop and don't specifically say it's a MacBook then it's assumed it's a Windows laptop. A MacBook owner will ALWAYS make sure you know their laptop is a MacBook.

Computer is the one universal word that fits the bill for any of these devices. My iPad is my computer. My phone is my computer. I have lots of computers. Nom nom nom nom

Very disappointed on my side. Still no system-wide dark mode.

Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back