Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 3.17.42 PM.png
Just spotted this tiny confirmation of the launch date of High Sierra on Apple's website. According to this blurb of text, the final version will be released on September 25, 2017.

Source:
https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/

Is there gonna be support for legacy (bios) motherboards? I don't know if the changes on High Sierra affects how the installation works.

Wow, the new finder "expanded sidebar" is a feature I'm missing since OS X (EVER).
And OS X is now 16 years old (not 10, dear iPhone users :cool: ).

Wow, the new finder "expanded sidebar" is a feature I'm missing since OS X (EVER).
And OS X is now 16 years old (not 10, dear iPhone users :cool: ).

Wha...? What are you talking about? I don't see anything different about Finder's Sidebar.

Today Golden Master was suppose to be launched. I do not understand. Several beta builds one after the other, then stop. Some of us, especially those using legacy boards, need some time to test it before the official launch. Why iPhone goes before the Mac?

With this new update should I get the gtx 1060 ssc or the rx 580? No gaming just final cut and the adobe creative cloud apps

With this new update should I get the gtx 1060 ssc or the rx 580? No gaming just final cut and the adobe creative cloud apps
You're stuck between a rock and a hard place there. FCPX and the MacOS, in general, will be faster under the RX 580 while Adobe Cloud will be faster using the Nvidia card. I'm running an R9 280X and I'm able to edit 4K video without issues on FCPX. Frankly, Adobe Cloud is optimized for Windows these days. It's a mess on the Mac.

Is there gonna be support for legacy (bios) motherboards? I don't know if the changes on High Sierra affects how the installation works.

Installation is a bit harder but is doable with the clover developments lately. It works great on my MacBook 6.1 core2duo mid 2009. It works on Sandy Bridge setups for other users you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back