i5-8600
Graphics
GTX1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my 1st Hackintosh and therefore I'd appreciate any help / guidance.

I've been following the installation instructions for High Sierra with Unibeast:

My system configuration is as following:
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
Intel Core i5-8600 CPU, 6x 3.10GHz, boxed
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G Gaming
Seagate ST4000DM004 Barracuda 4 TB
Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO SSD, 500GB
Corsair CX750M PC-Netzteil
Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSC 16GB (8GB x 2)​

Now I do get stuck during the installation with only a few minutes remaining, see attached screenshots also from the logfile.

Can you guys give any hint / advice how I could proceed completing the installation?

IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG

This is my 1st Hackintosh and therefore I'd appreciate any help / guidance.

I've been following the installation instructions for High Sierra with Unibeast:

My system configuration is as following:
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
Intel Core i5-8600 CPU, 6x 3.10GHz, boxed
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G Gaming
Seagate ST4000DM004 Barracuda 4 TB
Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO SSD, 500GB
Corsair CX750M PC-Netzteil
Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSC 16GB (8GB x 2)​

Now I do get stuck during the installation with only a few minutes remaining, see attached screenshots also from the logfile.

Can you guys give any hint / advice how I could proceed completing the installation?

View attachment 354254 View attachment 354255 View attachment 354254 View attachment 354255
  • Since this is going to be a long troubleshoot and also the Forum rules require your Hardware Specs (mainly MoBO make and Model+CPU Model+ PCIE Graphics if any) to be in the Personal Details, please do so.
  • For new comers to Hackintosh, it is always better to disconnect from the Motherboard SATA and USB ports all non-essential Storage disks (including Windows|Linux| Blank SATA Disks or Disks with Personal files, some Printers) and leave only the USB Installer Disk and Target Hard disk connected until a fully functioning Hackintosh is set up. For many installation failure extra Hard disks are contributory factors.
  • I hope your USB Installer disk has a full macOS High Sierra. If you have any question about it, go to the Applications folder of the source computer (Mac or Hack) and verify the Sha-1 Checksum value of the downloaded macOS High Sierra Installer file for its integrity.
  • Now that you have a good USB installer Disk and thinned out some disks from the Computer, make sure to use GUID Partition Map and APFS format (NOT APFS encrypted) from the Disk Utility of the Installation screen before you launch Install macOS and agree to license etc to start the installation process.

Similar issue but different error (I think, I can’t read German). Mouse hangs and system freezes at anywhere from 1-3 mins left. This is my second hack build: ASUS Hero XI, i9-9900k, GTX 1080. Trying to install High Sierra since no NVIDIA drivers on Mojave yet. Seems to be an issue converting my volume to APFS. I have a m.2 SATA drive I am trying to install OS X on. I have followed a similar guide, except using manual EFI install and clover config, not UniBeast. Disconnected all usb, except keyboard, mouse and internal header for my nzxt case fans/water cooler. Disabled built in Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, and all other SATA drives. Going to try and install by initially formatting to APFS instead of macOS journaled. Will report back..
86D409CB-9A58-4E62-804C-A5174C0438EA.jpeg
FC6BDB05-D84E-43A7-B894-2CEF2A39F5B9.jpeg

Edit: no luck.. similar error, attaching screenshot.
45A53124-F991-43F2-AF63-F5C3D6A71E3D.jpeg
077718A5-74C5-4E30-B0D4-076D963D158D.jpeg

Edit 2: realized my [other] PCIE M.2 was still plugged and no way to disable from BIOS, physically removing it, and while I’m at it removing the internal usb headers. Will report back again.. (fingers crossed)
Edit 3: no luck again, same error as last time. Please help
@cmn699 @RehabMan

Last edited:
Fixed my issue.. Take a look here at post #24. I was using #1, I tried #2, it didn't work, then I tried #3 and it worked!

I tried using #3 (OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi), but that did not work. So I replaced it with #4(OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi) but that didn't work either.

I read later in post #27 "I use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi,it works.! do not use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in the sametime". So I removed AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, and it really did not like that at all, it instantly crashed after showing the apple logo.

I am now rebuilding the boot disk, but I was wondering if anyone has had any hardware similar to mine and is trying to install High Sierra instead of Mojave because of an Nvidia GPU and has gotten past the "2 minutes remaining" freeze? I am using a Samsung 860 500GB SSD, and I don't have any other drives plugged in.

Similar issue but different error (I think, I can’t read German). Mouse hangs and system freezes at anywhere from 1-3 mins left. This is my second hack build: ASUS Hero XI, i9-9900k, GTX 1080. Trying to install High Sierra since no NVIDIA drivers on Mojave yet. Seems to be an issue converting my volume to APFS. I have a m.2 SATA drive I am trying to install OS X on. I have followed a similar guide, except using manual EFI install and clover config, not UniBeast. Disconnected all usb, except keyboard, mouse and internal header for my nzxt case fans/water cooler. Disabled built in Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, and all other SATA drives. Going to try and install by initially formatting to APFS instead of macOS journaled. Will report back..
View attachment 373409 View attachment 373410
Edit: no luck.. similar error, attaching screenshot.
View attachment 373412 View attachment 373413
Edit 2: realized my [other] PCIE M.2 was still plugged and no way to disable from BIOS, physically removing it, and while I’m at it removing the internal usb headers. Will report back again.. (fingers crossed)
Edit 3: no luck again, same error as last time. Please help
@cmn699 @RehabMan
Change the date to an earlier date
Steps
Open terminal and type what's inside the double quotes..
Type "date 010203042017"
Press enter
Quit terminal
Now try
It will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back