Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wayne

Not sure if you have the time, but can you tell me how you got your R9 390X's to run? I have been trying to get this to work for over two weeks now with no progress. I have tried it in Sierra 10.12.6 and in High Sierra Public Beta 3. I have read so many forum posts my eyes are crossing and watched too many Youtube videos to count...still no dice

Anyway..you mentioned possibly getting a guide written up so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it

J

My very 1st post ever NEW-B
OMG finally got this working lost an entire week of my life. with dual R9 390X 8GB cards.
I'm going to try my best a write up a guide .
Asus X99 Deluxe II
i7 6900K
950 pro NVME
64GB RAM
Dual Sapphire Nitro R9 390x

Hi Wayne

Not sure if you have the time, but can you tell me how you got your R9 390X's to run? I have been trying to get this to work for over two weeks now with no progress. I have tried it in Sierra 10.12.6 and in High Sierra Public Beta 3. I have read so many forum posts my eyes are crossing and watched too many Youtube videos to count...still no dice

Anyway..you mentioned possibly getting a guide written up so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it

J
Hey Jess, I'm sorry I've been extremely busy just got back. So here's what I can tell or share. I have 2 Sapphire R9 390x. When I installed them, I realized I consistently received a black screen after clover boot screen. So, because I have and ASUS x99 Deluxe II and my board displays codes while booting, I disconnected all monitors then rebooted watching for code AA which in my case means my CPU has fully booted. Then, I connected all monitors and surprisingly all 3 monitors worked. Unfortunately, I have to do this every-time I reboot but I can deal with that until there's a fix. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jess, I'm sorry I've been extremely busy just got back. So here's what I can tell or share. I have 2 Sapphire R9 390x. When I installed them, I realized I consistently received a black screen after clover boot screen. So, because I have and ASUS x99 Deluxe II and my board displays codes while booting, I disconnected all monitors then rebooted watching for code AA which in my case means my CPU has fully booted. Then, I connected all monitors and surprisingly all 3 monitors worked. Unfortunately, I have to do this every-time I reboot but I can deal with that until there's a fix. Hope this helps.

Wayne,

No worries...thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it. I tried what you suggested too. Still getting the same result. I went ahead and threw my R7 370 back in for now since I am able to get it to work. I guess I will have to wait and see if the final version of HS has 390X support when it hits in the Fall of this year. Its a bummer since I used FCP and would like to have my 8GB card working versus my 4GB one...but it is what it is....
Thanks again...and take it easy!

J

I have the same motherboard like your. Did you was able to enable audio? If so, could you please share how you did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back