Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
An easy way for Sierra is to install to a SSD or spinner (I borrowed a small old SSD for this), create your Hack kext if you haven't already, then insert kext/refresh cache and clone to NVMe (follow RehabMan's tutorial), same for High Sierra, though you may not need the Hack kext. (I did need it at the time, though you may want to try High Sierra w/o it.)

An easy way for Sierra is to install to a SSD or spinner (I borrowed a small old SSD for this), create your Hack kext if you haven't already, then insert kext/refresh cache and clone to NVMe (follow RehabMan's tutorial), same for High Sierra, though you may not need the Hack kext. (I did need it at the time, though you may want to try High Sierra w/o it.)
Well that is going to suck because I don't have any other drives. I only have the NVMe drive.

z270, intel HD 630 , i7700k - High Sierra 10.13 (clover r4101)

Attachments

• z270 intel HD 630.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 179
Clover_v2.4k_r4102

Attachments

• Clover_v2.4k_r4102.pkg.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 177
z270, intel HD 630 , i7700k - High Sierra 10.13 (clover r4101)
I basically tried using your Clover directory on the clover install all I selected was the "Install for UEFI booting only" under custom options. I then moved your clover directory over and attempted to install. I get this far and it waits a few and crashes..

http://imgur.com/a/o167u

I have a MSI Z270 Gaming M5 so not sure what that might cause different from your setup.

Will i7-7700K and a 270 series motherboard eventually be native with the news that the new iMacs will have Kaby Lake? Would it be a much easier build if you used a 170 series board with the i7-7700K? I'm looking to build with the 270 series and a 7th gen chip but don't want a ton of issues to deal with to install Sierra. Thoughts?

Clover is working with APFS. You need a couple of EFI drivers though.
(...)
again use the latest version for your ProductName

Source: Clover development threads over on insanelymac/applelife

Hey Vulgo, where do I get the latest version for my product name? I use iMac 17.1. Thanks for any help. Will test without the latest version, ahah.

Hey Vulgo, where do I get the latest version for my product name? I use iMac 17.1. Thanks for any help. Will test without the latest version, ahah.
Take a look here - think the Clover defaults now the same as cecekpawon's list there.

Last edited:
@vulgo, thanks a lot.

I finished the install but it rebooted on me all of a sudden. I'll fix the config.plist and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back