Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 7 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working for me (upgrade from Sierra or clean install), latest Clover, I believe my Radeon 7750 is the culprit, various fixes (verde.kext, patched fakesmc or lilo + green) don't work for me in High Sierra it seems. Anyway, it will work eventually, I guess I have to show some patience until 10.13 is properly released with unibeast, multibeast and stuff.

I use smbios mac pro 5,1 but that was a no go due to firmware, so tried mac pro 6,1 which allowed me to try to upgrade.

remove verde.kext and use bootflag radpg=15, if necessary -radbeta and -lilubeta. This is what I did. I got those flags from the whatevergreen.kext wiki. good luck!

No problems upgrading here...except still no support for my R9 390x card. So I am using my R7...

Asus A-97 motherboard
R7 370
1TB SSD

Really hope the non-beta has support for my R9...it will be nice to use my 8gb card again

J

Hi guys. I installed the latest 8th beta. Audio ALC892 not working... Any idea why not? Im waiting for the Nvidia web driver as well. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to hide the APFS.efi debug messages that appear before Clover GUI???

I know it's helpful but most of us have working systems with APFS and should be great to hide those messages.

Cheers!

- re-download the new full installer, extract apfs.efi, and copy into various clover installs for the next time
Thanks!

You can also find this file in /usr/standalone/i386 on the HS system volume, if you don't wish to download a 5Gb installer.

to simplify copying, and saving you having to turn on hidden files:

in terminal:
Code:
cp /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi ~/Desktop

this will copy the file out onto your desktop, where you can copy it easily to various places like usb sticks, and EFI volumes as needed. sudo shouldn't be needed to execute this command.

Last edited:
Reactions: aol
Does anyone know how to hide the APFS.efi debug messages that appear before Clover GUI???

Install CsmVideoDxe.efi EFI driver for clover. Of course, CSM should be enabled in BIOS. Check for possible caveats

Install CsmVideoDxe.efi EFI driver for clover. Of course, CSM should be enabled in BIOS. Check for possible caveats

Can't be a serious solution to activate the absolutely obsolete CSM booting under UEFI/GOP builds just to get rid of these APFS debug messages.

Can't be a serious solution to activate the absolutely obsolete CSM booting under UEFI/GOP builds just to get rid of these APFS debug messages.
There are "log free" versions of the driver by cecekpawon

Thanks but I use legacy boot on my both machines (The desktop is a P55 motherboard with no EFI Bios and the laptop is a bit newer with EFI but it doesn't boot clover on EFI mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back