Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 6 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey AOL!
The first boot was from the USB and I installed unto the NVMe, It auto re-booted, I press F-12 and booted from the NVMe and continued the install, It auto re-booted, I press F-12 and booted from the NVMe and the install got to the third re-boot and the NVMe drive and any other drives disappeared and only the USB Install drive is present.

I created a few iterations of the Install USBs of Betas 10.12.55 & 10.12.57 and the stock config.Plist, to no avail. It still installs until it reaches the last boot stage and the drives disappear.

I also only formatted the drives as GUID, Mac OS X (Journaled), but I did try to use APFS a few times, still didn’t work.

I would appreciate any help as to why no drives appear after the installer tries to install High Sierra!

UPDATE!!!!!!!! I tried the using "EmuVariables64" and it won't even start the install.

I think you don't need the emuvariables64efi kext during install, and in fact it seems to create problems, so I'd recommend not having that in any clover you boot until you get everything sorted. You can always install it later. You may see some funky behavior until it's installed, if your mobo even needs it (GA 10 series needs it, for example, but not all boards have issues, don't know about your board).

Make sure you have the latest apfs.efi in your clover install if you do anything with APFS, from all indications the later betas force it upon you so make sure you have that in there. That would definitely cause drives to go missing, if you don't have apfs.efi in your clover but your drive is formatted apfs.

If that doesn't help, you might simplify a bit, maybe take the nvme out of the equation and for now focus on getting HSB installed on the SSD. Remove variables, you'll get there.

@tonymacx86 Public Beta 7 just showed up on my App Store ! :thumbup:

Just downloaded and installed Public Beta 7. About this Mac now shows macOS High Sierra Version 10.13 Beta (17A358a)

Attachments

• 2017-08-28_16-32-30.jpg
    2017-08-28_16-32-30.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 105
@tonymacx86 : DP8 just appeared in my app store.

Upgrade was simple, told it to download, on the first reboot (where it copies all the files etc) booted from the hard disk with a clover that doesn't have emuvariables64.efi to complete this phase, selected "boot install mac OS" option, verbose and waited for the next reboot. Files copied, system restarted after a 10 second count down, then booted normally (from the NVME) whose clover has efivariables64.efi, and completed login.

Build version is: 17A358a, so I assume its identical to PB7.

I've also installed it onto my macbook pro (real mac). Seems stable enough now for daily use.

Last edited:
Beta 7 is out. Smoothest install in weeks.......no "unable to update firmware" error.

DP8 is the same as PB7. They are one and the same.

Hey AOL!

I built the rig:

* GIGABYTE Z270X-UD5 1151

* Intel I7-7700K

* AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16GB

* Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)

• SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe

* OWC 240GB Mercury Accelsior E2

* 500 GB SSD Scandisk

* Dual SeikiPro 27” 4K Monitors

Hey Mrclassicrecord,

Were you able to figure it out?

I'm in the process of buying a virtually identical rig (different graphics card and no Accelsior but close).

Would love to know if you got it working and if you have any suggestions/tips/regrets about that rig.

Thanks.

I think you don't need the emuvariables64efi kext during install, and in fact it seems to create problems, so I'd recommend not having that in any clover you boot until you get everything sorted. You can always install it later. You may see some funky behavior until it's installed, if your mobo even needs it (GA 10 series needs it, for example, but not all boards have issues, don't know about your board).

Make sure you have the latest apfs.efi in your clover install if you do anything with APFS, from all indications the later betas force it upon you so make sure you have that in there. That would definitely cause drives to go missing, if you don't have apfs.efi in your clover but your drive is formatted apfs.

If that doesn't help, you might simplify a bit, maybe take the nvme out of the equation and for now focus on getting HSB installed on the SSD. Remove variables, you'll get there.
Thanks AOL!

I have been tinkering around!

UPDATE: 8-28-2017:

I finally got it to install!

This time I used the config.plist sample from the guide. Injected FakeSMC.kext, APFS.efi

I changed NVMe to APFS and it showed up as a square block with yellow and black icons.

The installation went well. I just need audio Kext and Ethernet Kext.

I will be adding on other peripherals after I get the essentials going.

Hey Mrclassicrecord,

Were you able to figure it out?

I'm in the process of buying a virtually identical rig (different graphics card and no Accelsior but close).

Would love to know if you got it working and if you have any suggestions/tips/regrets about that rig.

Thanks.
Hey EightBall8! Yes I finally got the basic system to install! But I don't have the Audio or Ethernet. Others have used an Apple USB Ethernet Dongle and a USB Audio interface! The system is blazing fast! It looks promising. But we will have to see with the public release of High Sierra to be sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back