HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The macOS High Sierra 10.13 Public Beta 6 is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS High Sierra to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

This site will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Users can post for support in the following areas: High Sierra Desktop Support, High Sierra Desktop Guides, High Sierra Laptop Support and High Sierra Laptop Guides.

If you're installing the Public Beta, let us know how it goes!

Related:
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 5 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 2 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available
How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB
Introducing the macOS High Sierra Critter!
High Sierra Desktop Support
High Sierra Desktop Guides
High Sierra Laptop Support
High Sierra Laptop Guides
Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

Just installed Version 7 from App Store. Now About this Mac shows I have macOS High Sierra Version 10.13 Beta (17A352a).

Could anyone confirm HD630 sleep/wake working or not on public beta 6?

Could anyone confirm HD630 sleep/wake working or not on public beta 6?

Unfortunately that is also not working on mine which worked before and yet some others report sleep/wake is working for them. I am using a discrete card albeit no drivers for it as yet, don't know if one needs to tweak ones dsdt to get sleep to work. I have the notion to wait until the fall release before poking around too much.
Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 08.58.19.png

Apparently as can be seen the "about the mac" and the terminal displays two sysdef. Any idea how to correct this? You may want to see my disk layout as well.

Attachments

• About This mac.png
    About This mac.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 475
  • Terminal.png
    Terminal.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 437
  • disk layout.png
    disk layout.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 465
Apparently as can be seen the "about the mac" and the terminal displays two sysdef. Any idea how to correct this? You may want to see my disk layout as well.

Terminal is just showing what you have set in SysPrefs->Sharing->Computer Name.

Terminal is just showing what you have set in SysPrefs->Sharing->Computer Name.

My bad. Didn't realise that but how do I get back my CPU speed. The CPU speed is 2300 MHz however in the "about the Mac" it shows as 3.54GHz. I did changed the CPU frequency in config.plist but to no avail.

Least painful upgrade yet between betas. I have heard that you no longer need to boot from an EFI without EmuVariables64 kext but I did anyway:
- use App Store update, click restart when prompted
- boot from USB stick Clover with no EmuVariables64 kext, select "installer" partition (seemingly a temporary partition the installer creates and destroys when done)
- arrive at secondary installer, let installer run, reboot
- boot as normal to working new beta

Again I've heard that EmuVariables64 no longer causes the osinstall.mpkg error during secondary install with this latest beta but haven't tested.

As far as apfs.efi, since I am on an APFS drive, I believe that you need at least the minus 1 generation of apfs.efi in your Clover. I always make a habit of deleting and redownloading the full "install macOS high Sierra beta" app and pulling apfs.efi out and replacing in my Clover install right away.

As far as ethernet, graphics and sound, I'm on a Pascal card and followed another thread to get partial Pascal support which involves using several custom installers (an patched installer that skips the OS version check, a utility that modifies the NvidiaWeb kext for OS version, and overwriting /S/L/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the 10.12.6 version; after all that, while dual monitors work and "About this Mac" displays correctly, it's almost as glitchy as VESA mode). Ethernet works with the 10.12.x kext for my system, and I haven't bothered with sound as I get USB sound through my Apple display OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back