Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first beta build I was able to install without -x. It has a horrible performance, posted in a thread already. I have low ram (2 gb) and an old GPU. I do not know what to upgrade first, the ram or the graphics.

Motherboard: Asus P5P41TED Rev X.ox
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e8500
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 6200
RAM: 2 gb ddr3

Attachments

• preboot.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 96
  • debug.zip
    89 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
beta 5 is out. Installed smooth (EMUVariableUEFI.emu) can remain on the EFI partition without causing the infamous OSInstall.mpkg error. However, integrated graphics and Discrete graphics aren't coexisting peacefully. NV_disable bootlflag is busted. Once a discrete card is in my system, I cannot get the window server to start if IGPU is the primary graphics device.

Unfortunately, I'm running 17,1 profile, so whenever the system updates, the graphics kexts go back to vanilla state, meaning black screen at boot (i.e., window server fails to start). In old versions of High Sierra (and also on 10.12) nv_disable bootflag is suitable to deal with the black screen error; just boot from discrete video card using nv_disable which will force Nvidia to load in VESA mode, then you run AGDPFix, and then reboot. But as of beta 4 on High Sierra, nv_disable is no longer doing what it used to do, so I run into a deadlocked state: I can't boot into the system to run AGDPFix to enable graphics after an update.

The solution thus far is to remove all discrete graphics, enable IGPU in BIOS, boot using a 14,2 profile (not the 17,1) which will allow the window server to start, run AGDPFIX, and then I can reinstall my discrete graphics card(s), disable IGPU in the bios and boot into High Sierra. This is a less than ideal situation as of beta 4 and now on beta5.

Last edited:
I think beta 6 is released for the public. Check macrumours.

Since macOS 10.13 beta 1 - beta 6
I'm not updating, but I'm using the new installation method.
When I have a failed boot problem
I will solve the problem by updating the latest clover boot update.
But it will use config.plist and the same kexts every time that macOS. 10.13 is updated

I think beta 6 is released for the public. Check macrumours.

The Public Beta 5 has been released which is the same as the Developer Beta 6. It's a large download (3 GB) but installed just fine on my EconoMac II.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 9.04.31 AM.png

The Public Beta 5 has been released which is the same as the Developer Beta 6. It's a large download (3 GB) but installed just fine on my EconoMac II.

View attachment 272382

May i ask, is it possible to just update from 10.12.6 to 10.13b6?

I updated from beta 5 to beta 6 with no issues other then getting a black screen while it rebooted and downloaded the new beta but I left it alone it rebooted and went straight into beta 6 with no issues

I updated from beta 5 to beta 6 with no issues other then getting a black screen while it rebooted and downloaded the new beta but I left it alone it rebooted and went straight into beta 6 with no issues
Maybe I should give a go and see what happens.

I believe so. I installed the first High Sierra public beta directly over 10.12.6 with no issues, it just took a while. Just make sure that you've got a recent Clover bootloader installed (r4152 is the one I'm presently using though I did my initial installation with r4097).

I believe so. I installed the first High Sierra public beta directly over 10.12.6 with no issues, it just took a while. Just make sure that you've got a recent Clover bootloader installed (r4152 is the one I'm presently using though I did my initial installation with r4097).
Great!

In that case I don't need the high sierra USB right? I upgrade from 10.12.6 to 10.13b6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back