Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also updated via app store and it was smooth as butter. I did not have to reinstall anything.

Update: For those who have issues updating and get error sign -->
Boot into recovery mode and plug in ethernet. Click reinstall macOS
When it's done, you're good to go. Program and data remain

Update: For those who have issues updating and get error sign -->
Boot into recovery mode and plug in ethernet. Click reinstall macOS
When it's done, you're good to go. Program and data remain

I can confirm that this works. Thinking my system was screwed I attempted to reinstall from recovery and it worked. System now shows proper build number etc.

Intel 530 graphics not working whatsover for me in beta 4 on 10.13. I haven't removed my discrete nvidia 1080 card to test skylake graphics on its own; however in beta 3, skylake 530 graphics was working with full acceleration with the discrete nvidia card installed.

Anyone else having trouble with skylake 530 graphics on beta 4?

To the people having issues, are you on APFS? I remember i couldnt install updates when i was on APFS (something about apfs preboot error), so i went back to HFS.

Another thing to ask, are you guys trying to update while using an NVME? I havent been able to do that at all even though there is supposed "native support". I have had to install to a normal HDD and then clone to the NVME.

May I ask how you managed to install the latest beta to HFS?
My partition converts itself automatically to APFS when I install.

Thanks in advance. :)

May I ask how you managed to install the latest beta to HFS?
My partition converts itself automatically to APFS when I install.

Thanks in advance. :)
Wait, now it converts to APFS without asking???

I jumped the gun on my desktop hack and converted to APFS on Public Beta 2 and all the other updates have installed just fine. So fine that I don't have to do any post installation. Everything works.

The only odd thing is that the App Store says that I'm on Developer Beta 5, so IDK what's going on there.

Cheers!

Wait, now it converts to APFS without asking???

Oh, damn.. just noticed. Yes it most definitely converts to APFS without asking ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back