Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new high Sierra USB port raise patch doesn't work for the USB installer on Beta 3 for some USB ports. However relocating the installer USB stick to a different port allows the installation to proceed. The port raise patch does work on all ports however once beta 3 is installed. This is not a problem in Sierra.

What gives?

In any event, the installation goes great. Since Nvidia hasn't released beta drivers, I have Dual monitor support on Intel KBL 530 HD at 2560x1440. I had to apply a few patches for this to work since leaving the ports to the default Displayport mode in return causes the monitor to max out at a resolution below 1440p. iMessage is working! Sound works using voodoohda.kext.

NVME finally works natively (surprising move by Apple! Is this a nod to hackintosh users or is apple planning to support modular installations in the future?) my m.2 drive reads at 2200 MB/sec and writes at 1400 MB/sec. In a later test, I'll see if the system will boot from NVME.

Sleep doesn't work using native KBL Intel 530 graphics. and handoff using a gmyle USB 4.0 dongle doesn't work. Is there a way to make handoff work with 3rd party USB dongles?

USB ports are working fine on my GA Z170HD3 with i5 6500. Have to use USBInjectAll.kext and USB patch for
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI
AppleUSBXHCIPCI
and use SMBIOS iMac14,2; other i.e. 17,1 or 18,2 showing problem with USB 3 ports.

HD530 working just fine using patch for
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

See the attachment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 302
USB ports are working fine on my GA Z170HD3 with i5 6500. Have to use USBInjectAll.kext and USB patch for
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI
AppleUSBXHCIPCI
and use SMBIOS iMac14,2; other i.e. 17,1 or 18,2 showing problem with USB 3 ports.

HD530 working just fine using patch for
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

See the attachment.
My config.plist with the 10.13 USB patches works once 10.13 is installed. But it doesn't work for the installation process itself... I have to relocate the USB stick to a working port.

quickest/easiest update yet. first time I had a successful update on an apfs nvme boot drive.
Wait, does this mean that the whole procedure of RehabMans NVME guide isn't needed under High Sierra APFS?
Or is it still the same as before with Sierra? I'm using internal Graphics so going with High Sierra and not needing the NVME fix would be a big advantage for me.

@ alexidime: i still needed the hacknvme kext (spoofed, reused from sierra 10.12.5. copy of kext also placed in clover efi folder). i don't know if you or others do (i may not have needed it on a fresh install of beta 3. need to pick up another drive to test re w/o hack), as i injected nvme support into my uefi/bios (x79 board). also, ymmv with newer, nvme ready gear.

Last edited:
@ alexidime: i still needed the hacknvme kext (spoofed, reused from sierra 10.12.5. copy of kext also placed in clover efi folder). i don't know if others do (i may not have on a fresh install. need to pick up another drive to test re w/o hack), as i injected nvme support into my uefi/bios (x79 board). also, ymmv with newer, nvme ready gear.
What disk do you have?

@ alexidime: i still needed the hacknvme kext (spoofed, reused from sierra 10.12.5. copy of kext also placed in clover efi folder). i don't know if you or others do (i may not have needed it on a fresh install of beta 3. need to pick up another drive to test re w/o hack), as i injected nvme support into my uefi/bios (x79 board). also, ymmv with newer, nvme ready gear.
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back