HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The macOS High Sierra 10.13 Public Beta 2 is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test macOS High Sierra to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

This site will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Users can post for support in the following areas: High Sierra Desktop Support, High Sierra Desktop Guides, High Sierra Laptop Support and High Sierra Laptop Guides.

If you're installing the Public Beta, let us know how it goes!

Related:
macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available
How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB
Introducing the macOS High Sierra Critter!
High Sierra Desktop Support
High Sierra Desktop Guides
High Sierra Laptop Support
High Sierra Laptop Guides
Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

I just finished updating. TRIM survived and so did sound (edited).

USB 3.0 still not working, I have been browsing the net hoping to find the piece of code to put in the config.plist to raise the ports from 15 to 20 (8 series) but no luck so far :(

Ok, this is weird.. what's the buildnumber supposed to be? I got 17A306f, chose to update to PB 2 from App Store but when I have a look at what was installed it says "macOS High Sierra Developer Beta" version 3 :?:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ok, this is weird.. what's the buildnumber supposed to be? I got 17A306f, chose to update to PB 2 from App Store but when I have a look at what was installed it says "macOS High Sierra Developer Beta" version 3 :?:

Any ideas?

Same happened to me, now I can't access the public beta versions. Good news is the HDMI audio now works on AMD RX cards.

Same here. I just chalked it up to PB2 being the same as DP3. It did install without problems and has eliminated a couple of minor annoyances, so as long as I can keep updating as betas are released I'm good with it.

Same here. I just chalked it up to PB2 being the same as DP3. It did install without problems and has eliminated a couple of minor annoyances, so as long as I can keep updating as betas are released I'm good with it.
Hi DrTom,
Has this Beta fixed the issue where if you were copying a file folder,the folder icon stayed permanently with the copy progress bar (like still being copied) until you restarted finder ?,
That bug was so confusing since even the copy window was completed the icon stayed like that making me think the copying process still isn't completed.

Have version 10.13 Beta (17A306f) running after downloading from app site and doing a usual update from original Beta. Just like a normal Mac. Bought a new PNY ssd to install High Sierra and try APFS out. Gave up after a few try's with APFS and reformatted to HFS and everything went fine. (many thanks to Dr Tom!) Needed to remove and then add back my wireless MM in Mouse Preference pane to get it to work. Also needed to reinstall, IO80211Family.kext, to get WIFI working with my TP Link TL-WN881ND. Everything works fine now.

Hi DrTom,
Has this Beta fixed the issue where if you were copying a file folder,the folder icon stayed permanently with the copy progress bar (like still being copied) until you restarted finder ?,
That bug was so confusing since even the copy window was completed the icon stayed like that making me think the copying process still isn't completed.

Sniki,

I have not experienced this problem, or at least it isn't present in this beta. However, I opted not to use the APFS, so if you selected the new file system that might be the source of this particular problem.

Tom

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2017-07-13, às 00.18.39.png
    Captura de ecrã 2017-07-13, às 00.18.39.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,966
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back