Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set IGPU as primary display output in Motherboard Bios, allocate 64mb Ram minimum.

If you wait for Vega it may not require IgPU as primary.

I have a VGA cable to monitor from mono, and HDMI to same monitor from RX 480.

Boot screen is VGA mobo connection and I see the Apple and progress bar to about 2/3, then the HDMI takes over and the Log In screen appears. I only show 1 monitor and the IGPU is not using it (see pic).

View attachment 266683

Benchmarks are decent even though using IGPU as primary, openGL 10-15% less than Windows 10 dedicated graphics mode, but open CL actually beats windows benches in many apps.

View attachment 266684 View attachment 266685

Major thanks!

Now what would happen if you set the GPU as only output and disabled the IGPU?

Major thanks!

Now what would happen if you set the GPU as only output and disabled the IGPU?

It boots and is running but it you get black screen. There is a way to flash your cards Vbios to EFI boot only and it will work without IGPU but this is for advanced users and it is a risk because you can brick your graphics card. Some cards have dual bios so you can boot into windows as well. For Windows you need the original Vbios UEFI mode so if you flash a single bios card you can't boot into windows.

It boots and is running but it you get black screen. There is a way to flash your cards Vbios to EFI boot only and it will work without IGPU but this is for advanced users and it is a risk because you can brick your graphics card. Some cards have dual bios so you can boot into windows as well. For Windows you need the original Vbios UEFI mode so if you flash a single bios card you can't boot into windows.

Is there a guide to Flash the cards Vbios? or do you know which cards have dual bios?

I think some of the high end cards from XFX, Saphire, and Red devil.

Videocardz.com I believe has the Vbios for EFI flashing, and it is usually done using windows.

I have single bios card so I've never pursued it.

Sh!t, just ordered a second RX 480.. I actually do search new kexts to see what new is supported as I did with RX, but for Vega wouldn't expect to be this fast, so I didn't.. Anyway, is still not too late, if Vega is supported (as I prey day and night) then I'm getting Vega :p
with 2 RX480 cards macOS wouldn't boot for me, bewared.

with 2 RX480 cards macOS wouldn't boot for me, bewared.

It only works on Haswell and older CPUs. Skylake goes into reboot mode.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.50.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.52.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.51.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.56.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.05.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.58.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back