Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Portege M780
CPU
Intel Core i7 620M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
I am attempting to install macOS HS on Toshiba Portege M780 on a new SSD. I am not sure if it's even possible. Here are the things I have tried so far -

1. I wanted to change BIOS configuration of the laptop to boot UEFI, but I don't see any BIOS mode option that will allow me to do that. However, tools like HWinFO shows that the BIOS is UEFI compatible.

2. I created an Unibeast 8.2 installer for macOS HS in Legacy Boot mode.

3. When I boot the laptop with this USB installer attached, I see apple logo and about half way through, it shows the prohibit sign (circle crossed) and installation stops. I searched around the forum but have not figured out how to get past this issue. When booted in the verbose mode (-v), I could see that last line (it's garbled up) when the prohibit sign shows up reads something like 'Still waiting for the boot device...'. That tells me that once macOS installation takes over, it's not recognizing the USB drive and it's possibly a driver issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

This is my first post and I am not sure if my laptop profile will show up or not, so, I will include some details here -
CPU - Intel Core i7 620M @ 2.67 GHz
Mother Board- Toshiba Portable PC (rPGA 988A Socket)
Graphics - Intel HD Graphics

I am attempting to install macOS HS on Toshiba Portege M780 on a new SSD. I am not sure if it's even possible. Here are the things I have tried so far -

1. I wanted to change BIOS configuration of the laptop to boot UEFI, but I don't see any BIOS mode option that will allow me to do that. However, tools like HWinFO shows that the BIOS is UEFI compatible.

2. I created an Unibeast 8.2 installer for macOS HS in Legacy Boot mode.

3. When I boot the laptop with this USB installer attached, I see apple logo and about half way through, it shows the prohibit sign (circle crossed) and installation stops. I searched around the forum but have not figured out how to get past this issue. When booted in the verbose mode (-v), I could see that last line (it's garbled up) when the prohibit sign shows up reads something like 'Still waiting for the boot device...'. That tells me that once macOS installation takes over, it's not recognizing the USB drive and it's possibly a driver issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

This is my first post and I am not sure if my laptop profile will show up or not, so, I will include some details here -
CPU - Intel Core i7 620M @ 2.67 GHz
Mother Board- Toshiba Portable PC (rPGA 988A Socket)
Graphics - Intel HD Graphics

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back