Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Kaby Lake
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi!

Is it possible for someone to help with getting High Sierra running on my Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB? I am currently on Sierra with everything working as expected and I would like to get ready to update!

Problem reporting files are attached!

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 272
Hi!

Is it possible for someone to help with getting High Sierra running on my Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB? I am currently on Sierra with everything working as expected and I would like to get ready to update!

Problem reporting files are attached!

As long as your setup is good/correct/up-to-date, you should be good to go.

I have a user with the same machine. I will probably update it Monday or Tuesday.

I dont forsee any issues other than the preexisting ones. This device, all kexts are installed in /L/E and kext/other. Currently I have a BCM943224 laying around that I may test with it at that time. The user is currently using a dongle.

I can report issues if found and vice versa if you want?

@
xJCx
Can you add a HowTo for installing Sierra on Yoga 710? I have the same system and did not get it working

Regards

Lalle

Yea, no problem. I have access to this machine today and was going to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra a few hours from now.

Are you able to boot the installer? Some more info would be helpful.

@
xJCx
Can you add a HowTo for installing Sierra on Yoga 710? I have the same system and did not get it working

Regards

Lalle

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Clean install on Yoga 710-IKB with APFS. You will not have network! Wifi intel card not supported!

install in L/E
ACPIKeyboard
ACPIBatteryManager
VoodooPS or smartPS2

attached USB clover folder, and device efi clover.

Graphics glitch after screen sleep, need to add null ethernet, touch screen, and DSDT seems wonky but no time to fix atm.

This should get you going.

Attachments

• 710IKB_CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 479
  • USB_CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Clean install on Yoga 710-IKB with APFS. You will not have network! Wifi intel card not supported!

install in L/E
ACPIKeyboard
ACPIBatteryManager
VoodooPS or smartPS2

attached USB clover folder, and device efi clover.

Graphics glitch after screen sleep, need to add null ethernet, touch screen, and DSDT seems wonky but no time to fix atm.

This should get you going.

Hey man I used your USB clover and was able to get to install MacOS Mojave on my system, but i was unable to boot back into the system using the clover setting u had linked in the 710IKB_clover folder. and Ended up with this error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back