Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
With sierra/ub7 I was able to boot into the installer with my two gtx960 cards enabled. With high sierra/ub8 I have to disable the nvidia graphics cards and fallback to the intel graphics on my 4790k. Just wanted to leave a note for the search history about it

Question: I'm running atm 10.10.5 Yosemite. Is it safe to upgrade from apple store ? 'Course I'll have to re-patch some kexts, but besides that anybody had any crashes ? Thanks

Question: I'm running atm 10.10.5 Yosemite. Is it safe to upgrade from apple store ? 'Course I'll have to re-patch some kexts, but besides that anybody had any crashes ? Thanks
I would advocate having two bootable drives and upgrading a backup before committing your main system. It is hard to anticipate every problem you might have. If you have an up-to-date clover with not too much patching it should be "safe" to upgrade but it's just too hard to know for sure what kinds of things might break, never mind High Sierra dropping support for some of the older software you might have on a 10.10 system. If you only have one bootable system I would suggest you create a full backup using CCC or something similar, but even then, if you brick your system and can't get to a desktop, you'd be out of luck.

I would advocate having two bootable drives and upgrading a backup before committing your main system. It is hard to anticipate every problem you might have. If you have an up-to-date clover with not too much patching it should be "safe" to upgrade but it's just too hard to know for sure what kinds of things might break, never mind High Sierra dropping support for some of the older software you might have on a 10.10 system. If you only have one bootable system I would suggest you create a full backup using CCC or something similar, but even then, if you brick your system and can't get to a desktop, you'd be out of luck.

Thanks for the advice, ill make a full backup just in case.

Wrong section

MultiBeast v10 will be released by the end of the week. Again, High Sierra has caused new problems for us. But, better us than you. :thumbup:

Any word on the status of MultiBeast v10? I completely understand the challenges, and respect the efforts to bring this to all of us -your work is VERY appreciated!!

Any word on the status of MultiBeast v10? I completely understand the challenges, and respect the efforts to bring this to all of us -your work is VERY appreciated!!

Constantly pressing F5 to see if its been released :) LOL

Update went perfect on my H77N-WIFI. Will update my Z/H77N-WIFI for Audio but everything seems to be up and running here.

View attachment 280442

Hi, my system is very similar to yours. I have a Z-97M-D3H with the Intel HD Graphics on-board. Can I start the upgrade on my system right after the download or is necessary any pre-install setup on clover?

Thanks!

Hi, my system is very similar to yours. I have a Z-97M-D3H with the Intel HD Graphics on-board. Can I start the upgrade on my system right after the download or is necessary any pre-install setup on clover?

Thanks!

Cant compare H77N hardware with H97M hardware.
Totally different. H97M is not native hardware.
All depends on Clover & how its setup. Personally id use startosinstall to avoid APFS.

Today I switched to quad LG 27UD68.

It works fine with DP for all four, but only after I switched from 18,3 to 14,2 and switched the order of the monitor cables.

Hi there! Would you mind sharing your EFI folder?.... also curious whether you use FCPX, and is it working with you? I have a rx580, but I can't seem to fix some OPENCL problem, that makes the system run at 1/3 of the speed after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back