Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for having MacOs Sierra available :D

Okay, reading through all these threads, I'm cautious about upgrading to HS, it's not sounding as straight forward as previous incremental updates (I am on 10.12.6 (16G29)) - can I just run the update or do I have to install from scratch via all the tools, Multibeast/USB etc.? Recommendations? Tks.

Okay, reading through all these threads, I'm cautious about upgrading to HS, it's not sounding as straight forward as previous incremental updates (I am on 10.12.6 (16G29)) - can I just run the update or do I have to install from scratch via all the tools, Multibeast/USB etc.? Recommendations? Tks.
I'm waiting for 10.13.3 to be released. (Christmas present?!) The current 10.13.0 is buggy, and the new file system (APFS) is still too new to know the impact on hacks. So, you can be an early adapter and struggle thru installing a new macOS, or wait for UniBeast/MultiBeast for High Sierra, or wait for awhile for 10.13.3 and following the problems/solutions of other early adapters.

An olde coaches' saying, "Don't rush to fail!"

I was essentially able to use my Sierra config for High Sierra. You're on a similar board so you should be able to just update, with a couple caveats:
- Prepare a USB with clover and the installer as a backup, do put apfs.efi on it but do not put emuvariablesuefi-64.efi on it; this efi causes issues during installs. BOOT CLOVER FROM THIS USB until the installs are done.
- if your GPU uses web drivers you may just get low res VESA graphics or you may get black screen, be prepared to temporarily disable your GPU and use your iGPU (set prealloc mem >= 64MB and enable the IGPU in bios if you do this, and inject intel = true in config)
- I recommend SIP disabled (csrActiveConfig 0x67)
- Your USB fixes (whether via custom aml or USBInjectAll.kext) should transfer, as should your Ethernet kext
- as always make sure you have the latest versions of Clover and all your kexts
- I would make a copy of your config and remove all patches you made for sound, icons, and possibly graphics, basically remove anything that might be OS specific and might cause trouble, once you're running you can add each one back in
- Any other custom amls _should_ transfer but if in doubt, temporarily remove
- Fix sound, power management, and anything else post install
- Consider temporarily disconnecting all other drives during install, and using a single monitor on a digital output
- Ideally do not upgrade your production sierra. make a test Sierra on another drive and upgrade that first. solve any issues. then consider upgrading your production sierra. You can boot from any drive even a USB drive for this phase.

But, FWIW, the only issues I had upgrading Sierra was the emuvariablesuefi-64.efi issue, and I got one firmware issue which I solved by removing all other drives during install. Fixed sound post-install as usual.

any idea were i could get sierra?i had bootloader issue now?

Last edited:
it is compatible am stuck boot-manager maintenance.still waiting for final release of Unibeast & MultiBeast:wave:

Last edited:
any idea were i could get sierra?i had bootloader issue now?
This is legal way to get Sierra as it requires you to log into the Apple Mac App Store first.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-mac-app-store-command-line-interface.233547/

...still waiting for final release of Unibeast & MultiBeast:wave:
Hang in there. :wave: Testing today. Lots of "new" surprises with High Sierra that UniBeast 8 for High Sierra will help you with. MultiBeast 10 for High Sierra will be along shortly. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back