Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating, I can't boot my hackintosh. I have done the copy paste of FakeSMC and apfs.efi. When I press boot Mac from my SSD, it only shows the Apple logo with a progress bar for only a second, and then it restarts.

Any help?

It would be useful to add some information after booting with "-v" boot parameter (verbose mode), but what you describe may just be a kernel panic. I had the same thing after upgrading. The update finished, but then I couldn't boot my Mac anymore. After booting into single user mode (-s), I looked at the panic log files in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and saw that the panic caused by a leftover kext for the Intel e1000 network adapter. After removing it from /System/Library/Extensions, I managed to boot into the preboot partition that was created during the upgrade (not my original mac partition). And ONLY THEN could I boot into my regular partition. Everything was just fine from then (installed nvidia web drivers etc.). One thing that bothers me is that the preboot partition still exists. I guess i could delete it but I don't care too much for it.

I upgraded with a 1080 card installed, didn’t have to disconnect anything.

Successful update procedure form Sierra to HS. Though I admit it was more of a pain than I'd have expected, probably due to my NVIDIA setup.

After (forgetting to) transferring the FaceSMC.kext to the Clover kexts directory, I had the installer hang on the spinning wheel for a long time (Verbose mode reported it hanging on the WindowDriver, infinitely trying to restart it after stopping in 0 secs). Turns out (for future note, even if it was mentioned before) that if you have ANY NVIDIA cards connected, even when using the iGPU, you HAVE to disconnect/disable ALL discrete GPUs (So Clover cannot see them) before installation can begin.

After that roadblock, installation went smoothly. Rebooted twice, installed the Web Drivers update, reinstalled Multibeast drivers (mainly for audio), and it works!

If you upgrade, you don't need MultiBeast or UniBeast, they just assist anyways. You can do it without them.

I upgraded my current system (Sierra) which was running great to High Sierra, and after getting things back in order (NVIDIA drivers, USB and audio) my system is very unstable: It appears to be hard crashing a LOT. And that causes spontaneous reboots. Any pointers to solve this? I'm struggling here. TIA.

GA-Z270X-UD5. i7-7700K. Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 2 TB. 64 GB DDR4-2400. Dual Vega Frontier Edition. BCM94360CD WiFi+BT. Sonnet 10 gigabit ethernet. FakeSMC. APFS (no fear, time machine backups).

Two Vegas in my system. Plugging a monitor into Vega1 and plugging nothing into Vega2 sporadically causes reboot on wake. Any comments?

With both Vegas attached to separate monitors via DP, no problems.

So has anybody installed today´s High Sierra update (Supplemental Update) from the App Store? Any issues you found?

So has anybody installed today´s High Sierra update (Supplemental Update) from the App Store? Any issues you found?

I am downloading it now...

Fixed a bug that exposes the encryption password of a APFS volume. Shows the password as the hint lol

Last edited:
i got this error loading my bootable usb.any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• 241552_58ef867b5aa2e84835655cd2a40c43dc.jpg
    241552_58ef867b5aa2e84835655cd2a40c43dc.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back