Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running a super old Gigabyte EP45-UD3L here with GTX750. Most troublesome install to date I must say, but still amazed I can get a booted system with High Sierra after all these years of updates!

However, I managed to get booting system running only after a clean install. System drive is using APFS file system. Updating a cloned Sierra 10.12.6 install failed after multiple attempts.

Here's my main problem: Only one of my drives (a Samsung EVO SSD) is being recognized by the HS installer or HS in general. Of coarse, that recognized drive was not my main system drive that I intended to update to HS :rolleyes:

So far, I've followed all procedures & then some. apfs.efi is installed in /drivers64 (NOT /drivers64UEFI) since this is a non UEFI legacy board.
SATA AHCI mode is properly set in BIOS
Required kexts for booting this system include Fake SMC, NullCPUMgmt, and VoodooTSSync (for Xeon processor)

Perhaps a clover fix I'm unaware of will make my other drives (1 HFS+ SSD (Kingston) & 2 HFS+ HDDs) show up again?
Or do I need some sort of custom AppleAHCI.kext inject?

Last edited:
i can not download macOS 10.13 High Sierra from Apple Store ...... download only 14 mb .... how to do it

First need update 10.12.6

Then download 5.18gb

Updated from App Store no problems, GFX, audio, trim, and USB all working.
hey you have GA Z170 D3H MOBO. I have same mobo but how you manage F20 BIOS run macOS 10.12 or 10.13. in my case I have facing paic . than I force rollback F5 BIOS it's work fine. can you tell me how you install macOS on 10.12 or 10.13:)

"What kind of Heaven benchmarks do you get when running at 2560x1440?"

Ha ha, I have one monitor whose native (and maximum) resolution is 1920 x 1080. Have no idea how much slower a much higher resolution would benchmark. How about yourself?

Never higher than 29FPS

at 1080p I get similar to your results.

Not really the thread for this but I struggle with 4K video playback. Artifacts, stuttering etc - drives me mad! I think it may be an OS limitation though :(

Have been toying with the idea of Dual Boot, but Plex server runs on my macOS drive.
I wish there was a way to have both drives booted and running at the same time :p

your windows would be destroyed... when formatting drive to Apfs, it automatically create container for every partition.CMIIW

Used the method from the video + clover as boot loader on a fusion drive ;)
After the install my fusion drive was shown as recovery drive. Not using new apple file system.
Can you point me to the video you wrote about? I'm facing issues while installing on a CoreStorage Fusion drive. I tried running the installer but got a kernel cache error.

anyone else getting a pink screen when you shut down or log to another user when using the iGPU ?

FtFWDUx.jpg

Last edited:
All good for GA-H61N-USB3/i5 3570/HD 4000. I installed from Apple Store I had to place FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/"Other" (or you have a white screen with a beach ball) installed IntelGraphicFix again in Other (or you have poor resolution and other problems in youtube and internet). Followed Toleda for the ALC889. It worked, however, I could not activate the HDMI audio but ALC 889 is fine for me. I did not test the two USB 3 that from El Captain did not work. When I will have time I will test it. Just one annoying issue is that if I turn off the computer and then I turn it on I loose the IntelGraphicFix. so I have to reinstall in file "other" and, after restart I have again high resolution. I will like to avoid this shutdown reboot process. Any idea is quite welcomed. Bottom of line I think I could have wait for Multibeast (I was going to avoid many problems) , but the curiosity had to be satisfied! Again all good BUT just an annoying problem with Intel graphic. Thanks guys by the way

Did the same, and stalled at
"busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'"
Found a thread with a solution -> copied /L/E/* to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/*
after that the install went flawlessly. Upgraded to new Nvidia drivers with an error during the driver install, but they seem to work. My question is, should I remove the kexts in /L/E? Or just leave them there?

i have kexts only on EFI partition in /Clover/kexts/Other/
had same error with nvidia driver, everything works 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back