Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!!! on the very old motherboard gigabyte g41mt-s2pt with Core2quad 3 Ghz, I only had to reinstall Audio driver (multibeast Realtek 877 kext) and done. But there is something that I cannot figure out: I have an SSD Kingston 120 gb but neither Sierra or High Sierra had recognize it as an SSD (For instance, I have not been able to use Trim on this unit) it appears as a regular Hard Disk so it is still working with HFS+, not with the new file system. Does anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a la(s) 8.33.52 a. m..pngCaptura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a la(s) 8.34.08 a. m..png

Last edited:
Install just fine but no ethernet connection. Installing Atheros Gbe Lan on ga-h77-d3h drivers no succes. AtherosE2200Ethernet works fine on the same machine with Sierra.

Success!!! on the very old motherboard gigabyte g41mt-s2pt with Core2quad 3 Ghz, I only had to reinstall Audio driver (multibeast Realtek 877 kext) and done. But there is something that I cannot figure out: I have an SSD Kingston 120 gb but neither Sierra or High Sierra had recognize it as an SSD (For instance, I have not been able to use Trim on this unit) it appears as a regular Hard Disk so it is still working with HFS+, not with the new file system. Does anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

View attachment 281028View attachment 281029

In the screenshot the name of the sata controller is missing. Maybe that's doing something to macOS and prevents it from detecting it correctly as SSD.

View attachment 281028View attachment 281029

Boot from a USB High Sierra install and erase the SSD to APFS then install.

In the screenshot the name of the sata controller is missing. Maybe that's doing something to macOS and prevents it from detecting it correctly as SSD.
Thank you for your answer, this motherboard is very old (works fine but it does not have SATA 3 connections, only works with SATA 2), I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, also, Where does the controllers name should appear?

Thank you for your answer, this motherboard is very old (works fine but it does not have SATA 3 connections, only works with SATA 2), I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, also, Where does the controllers name should appear?

My motherboard is almost as old as yours. I also have SATA2.

The name of the controller should be above the name of the SSD, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.03.10 AM.png

10.13 (17A365)

upgrade from appstore
before upgrade followed the guide here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

removed NVIDIA card, injected intel, they did not released driver yet for nvidia, audio working, both VoodooHDA and USB audigy too.

Did the same, and stalled at
"busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'"
Found a thread with a solution -> copied /L/E/* to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/*
after that the install went flawlessly. Upgraded to new Nvidia drivers with an error during the driver install, but they seem to work. My question is, should I remove the kexts in /L/E? Or just leave them there?

Did the same, and stalled at
"busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'"
Found a thread with a solution -> copied /L/E/* to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/*
after that the install went flawlessly. Upgraded to new Nvidia drivers with an error during the driver install, but they seem to work. My question is, should I remove the kexts in /L/E? Or just leave them there?
This is a question with some debate. I think @RehabMan will advocate for keeping them in /L/E. I personally keep all Hackintosh kexts in my EFI partition. Do whatever makes sense for you, but I would say, don't have the same kext in both places. But I'm a developer and I advocate for simplicity and long term maintainability.

My computer Asus maximus vii hero and graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4Gb works all well 100%
Captura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a las 18.15.33.png Captura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a las 18.16.29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back