Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone with a single drive dual boot setup attempted the upgrade yet ? Does it mess with other partitions while converting to APFS ?

Has anyone experience with this? I would be much appreciated to know too.

now that nvidia web driver is available, when do I expect a complete a general guide for a clean installation of High Sierra?. My mobo is the H170N wifi with a maxwell gtx750 and Dell DW1560 m.2 wifi/bluetooth card.

After watching this guy install High Sierra so simple, I threw my computer and hackintosh experience on the window.

I struggle for 2 days to do it on a fusion drive(I know it doesn't work)

Has anyone experience with this? I would be much appreciated to know too.
i just see that would be a big problem. wait, do you use GUID partition table?

now that nvidia web driver is available, when do I expect a complete a general guide for a clean installation of High Sierra?. My mobo is the H170N wifi with a maxwell gtx750 and Dell DW1560 m.2 wifi/bluetooth card.

I followed the High Sierra instructions for making an install USB to the letter and it worked.

Last edited:
Used the method from the video + clover as boot loader on a fusion drive ;)
After the install my fusion drive was shown as recovery drive. Not using new apple file system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 4.20.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 4.20.15 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 202
Upgraded my 2 hackintoshes to HS just fine. The desktop from the GM and the laptop from 10.12.6.

The only caveat is that I had to remove NightShiftUnlocker.kext from kexts/Other before the upgrade or it gave me KPs. After the installation I installed the kext and night shift works fine again. The developer is aware of that and it's working on a fix.

Cheers!

el_charlie_2017-Sep-26.jpg

Success!!! on the very old motherboard gigabyte g41mt-s2pt with Core2quad 3 Ghz, I only had to reinstall Audio driver (multibeast Realtek 877 kext) and done. But there is something that I cannot figure out: I have an SSD Kingston 120 gb but neither Sierra or High Sierra had recognize it as an SSD (For instance, I have not been able to use Trim on this unit) it appears as a regular Hard Disk so it is still working with HFS+, not with the new file system. Does anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a la(s) 8.33.52 a. m..pngCaptura de pantalla 2017-09-27 a la(s) 8.34.08 a. m..png

Last edited:
Install just fine but no ethernet connection. Installing Atheros Gbe Lan on ga-h77-d3h drivers no succes. AtherosE2200Ethernet works fine on the same machine with Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back