Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
235479-6dc843ec5454c05a34c0a16e5c22d2cf.jpg

Well.. Looks like it's still not available on the Australian store.

/me taps foot impatiently.

This is the first time I've had a problem with an install of OS X. The install makes it through stage 1 and 2, but then on the boot it halts with:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This is on a Gigabyte B75 MB and an Nvidia GT440 fermi video card. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• D5CE678A-0E6A-448A-83DE-62D2E5428ED3.jpeg
    D5CE678A-0E6A-448A-83DE-62D2E5428ED3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 330
Smooth upgrade in place for me!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP / i5 w 4600GFX

I've left the Intel Graphics Fixup Kexts in place, not sure if i still need them

Yes (with GM Candidate), since I updated to iTunes12.7. Sometimes OK, but frequently crashes when I attach my iPhone.
Do you happen to have SIP 0x00 (enabled) in Clover?

The issue actually disappeared when I disabled SIP, even though I have nothing in L/E or S/L/E.

Strike that, I still have problems.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've had a problem with an install of OS X. The install makes it through stage 1 and 2, but then on the boot it halts with:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This is on a Gigabyte B75 MB and an Nvidia GT440 fermi video card. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

I had that error when i tried to patch CoreDisplay earlier. Is this even before you've had it started up

everything works great

got it working ...the problem was with hckrnvme.kext all nvme users please remove the hckrnvme kext and put the ionvmeFAMILY.kext back in s/l/e and lilu.kext and intel graphics fixup kext both r needed in library /extensions. apart from that fake smc in efi/kext/others and apfs.efi in driver64UEFI folder and it works ...testing AMD rx480 now with benchmarks

Yes, through all the betas and most recently the GM released today. I'm on a pascal GPU so no web drivers yet. I upgraded my backup Sierra install, not my day-to-day. I'm waiting for web drivers (..aaaand maybe 10.13.1) before I do that. Worth trying it? Can't answer that for you. apfs is too new really to understand the tradeoffs, and developer packages (homebrew etc) are almost surely in a state of flux. It's fun to play with for now. I'm running the GM as I type this and all the basics except web drivers are working great.
So basically you are just with bad graphics animations etc, but everything else is working just fine? How can I know which type of GPU I am using btw? I mean pascal and the second type I forgot the name of. Mine GPU is GTX 950 Strix and currently I am using webdrivers. All the pascals GPUs are pascal then? Thank you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back