Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redownload it, It was a problem with Apple servers, a lot of members mentioned if and after you try again you'll get the original size 5GB
So I deleted the 512 kb and put it on download again its ok rgt

Mine gets stuck when I restart the first time. Shows an Apple logo but no progress bar. Checked verbose mode, it says
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown
Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot

Then it hangs. Any thoughts? I updated to latest clover, followed Tonymac's instructions for SSD install, and disabled SIP.

Above the BSD process info, it says panic kernal trap, then backtrace continues....

I'm waiting for NVidia web drivers before I upgrade. For now, is any of you facing issues with Realtek ALC1150?

Mine gets stuck when I restart the first time. Shows an Apple logo but no progress bar. Checked verbose mode, it says
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown

Then it hangs. Any thoughts? I updated to latest clover, followed Tonymac's instructions for SSD install, and disabled SIP.

Above the BSD process info, it says panic kernal trap, then backtrace continues....
Drop MATS table in Clover options if it is there.

Last edited:
Download was very fast (UK). Installation was a bit funny.....
Left it for about 10mins, and it worked! Lessons learned: be patient!
Total time, including the download, can't have been more than 30mins. Great guide as ever, tony!

View attachment 280437

Congrats man! You are the few who try so far without web driver. Do you mind sharing how does Apple native Nvidia driver work compare (speed/ smoothness..., and some reports glitch/flicker)to full accelerated Webdriver for 10.12.6?

Existing NTFS volume works with HS, if you have? Thanks!

Is there a particular reason to disable SIP? My SIP is enabled but I get iTunes crashes.. but I dont see how that can be related.

Is there a particular reason to disable SIP?
If you have problems disable it to rule it out, known to fix some people's problems with booting and some installer errors. You can always go back to your own setting once everything is working. Something to think about, Hackintosh specific kexts are unlikely to be tested on real macs (where the default is having SIP protections enabled)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back