Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update was smooth. But my screen seems weird as shown in the image attached. Images are partially broken. Is this graphics card issue? I am using GTX660 with native driver.

In my opinion your GPU can be dead ... (without talking about details) Have you any other graphic card?
If you have a closed PC case (without good air circulation) and you played a lot of games.. GPU memory (very often) make that effect after overheat.

Do you think there will be an update soon?
There's really no way to know. Just watch the front page, when the GPU drivers are available there'll be a post.

Personally I'm going to hold off until 10.13.1.

@VioletDragon Which Clover version are you using on your NAS Build ? My current one is 4012, should I update before going forward with High Sierra?

Thanks mate!

I tried to update. I added lilu.kext and Intel gfx fix also, and it did restart 3 times to complete installation. But somehow it didn't show up after last restart and stayed black. Is it because of conflict with old hackernvme.kext from 12.6? I am now unable to delete that kext even if it was causing panic as from backup drive Ii cannot access APFS S/L/E to rename or delete that old hckrnvmefamily kext. Can anyone help and is there any RX 480 user who got this working? I don't know whats wrong.. and also I added lilu.kext and intelgfxfix and fake smc in other folder of EFI ..What am I doing wrong? Clover is also 4220, but something is giving a panic.

I tried to update. I added lilu.kext and Intel gfx fix also, and it did restart 3 times to complete installation. But somehow it didn't show up after last restart and stayed black. Is it because of conflict with old hackernvme.kext from 12.6? I am now unable to delete that kext even if it was causing panic as from backup drive Ii cannot access APFS S/L/E to rename or delete that old hckrnvmefamily kext. Can anyone help and is there any RX 480 user who got this working? I don't know whats wrong.. and also I added lilu.kext and intelgfxfix and fake smc in other folder of EFI ..What am I doing wrong? Clover is also 4220, but something is giving a panic.

I couldn't Install HighSierra (for example) with additional AppleIGP kext for 2nd LAN card,
because I had PC restart every time (before Installation) so I little advice which I can give you
(in my opinion) try to Install HS with minimum of kext files.
You will do the rest later with post-installation, but for install I think "less kext is better :)"

7900X - Asus X299 Prime Deluxe - GPU: Vega 64
High Sierra Installed :)

HSOK.png

At this moment works great :D
Good luck for others ;)

//Big Thanks for KGP and his Amazing X299 Guide :)

Last edited:
This means Unibeast 8 and multibeast 10 will be available soon…

For APFS you need to add apfsEFI to your Clover Drivers64EFI folder. ApfsEFI can be found in the installer DMG file in usr/standalone folder under i386. Unfortunately, this should be done before loading HS because unless you have a mechanical HDD it automatically uses APFS mode. For High Sierra no nvme fixes should be needed.

For APFS you need to add apfsEFI to your Clover Drivers64EFI folder. ApfsEFI can be found in the installer DMG file in usr/standalone folder under i386. Unfortunately, this should be done before loading HS because unless you have a mechanical HDD it automatically uses APFS mode. For High Sierra no nvme fixes should be needed.
THANKS GIGAMAXX FOR REPLY . but i checked the drivers 64efi folder it already had apfs.efi file in it.i actually downloaded that file from the guide . maybe i should have extracted from installation file only. i am going to try to install again

THANKS GIGAMAXX FOR REPLY . but i checked the drivers 64efi folder it already had apfs.efi file in it.i actually downloaded that file from the guide . maybe i should have extracted from installation file only. i am going to try to install again

It has to be from a recent build, beta 8, or 9 is the same as this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back