Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firmware could not be validated during install?

Did u get an install from updates option or download from the app store and then install? I am not getting the update option in App Store when I update. It says no updates available. Can u please help? If I download it from the App Store, will it work same as upgrading it from the update option of the App Store?
shouldn't make any difference

Download very fast - Last High Sierra Beta - High Sierra ok

Perfect! :)

Pending issues since Beta:
HD 630 with two monitors
HDMI audio

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-09-25 a las 21.17.14.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-09-25 a las 21.17.14.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 235
Does someone with Intel processor and nVidia GTX card (all using clover on previous sierra installation) upgraded to high sierra? My build is working perfectly so I don't wanna screw up something. Of course I will do a clone on other disk anyway, but I am just asking if it's worth trying it.

I also know there isn't driver for nvidia on 10.13, but I am just asking :headbang:
Yes, through all the betas and most recently the GM released today. I'm on a pascal GPU so no web drivers yet. I upgraded my backup Sierra install, not my day-to-day. I'm waiting for web drivers (..aaaand maybe 10.13.1) before I do that. Worth trying it? Can't answer that for you. apfs is too new really to understand the tradeoffs, and developer packages (homebrew etc) are almost surely in a state of flux. It's fun to play with for now. I'm running the GM as I type this and all the basics except web drivers are working great.

Did u get an install from updates option or download from the app store and then install? I am not getting the update option in App Store when I update. It says no updates available. Can u please help? If I download it from the App Store, will it work same as upgrading it from the update option of the App Store?

Direct update.

You can’t update from one OS to another; that’s an upgrade. That’s why you don’t see anything for High Sierra while in a previous OS’s App Store update screen. You need to click on the High Sierra link on the main page of the App Store.

Update went perfect on my H77N-WIFI. Will update my Z/H77N-WIFI for Audio but everything seems to be up and running here.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 20.28.59.png

Firmware could not be validated during install?
The firmware error has a couple suggested fixes. The one that worked for me when I got it on one of the betas was to disconnect all windows drives. In fact, safest to disconnect any other drive you don't need and reconnect after install.

If that doesn't help, @RehabMan reports that setting your firmware version to a newer version fixes the issue, but I am unclear on how you do that, maybe it's a config.plist thing, like, open clover configurator, and make sure the firmware version is the latest up-to-date firmware for your SMBIOS? Not clear on that solution.

It is the same thing:

Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
In Clover options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection you can see. 0x67 is enough. 0x3 is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back