i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Firmware could not be validated during install?
The firmware error has a couple suggested fixes. The one that worked for me when I got it on one of the betas was to disconnect all windows drives. In fact, safest to disconnect any other drive you don't need and reconnect after install.

If that doesn't help, @RehabMan reports that setting your firmware version to a newer version fixes the issue, but I am unclear on how you do that, maybe it's a config.plist thing, like, open clover configurator, and make sure the firmware version is the latest up-to-date firmware for your SMBIOS? Not clear on that solution.

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
It is the same thing:

Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
In Clover options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection you can see. 0x67 is enough. 0x3 is not.

Motherboard
AsRock H97M Pro4
CPU
Xeon 1231v3
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did somebody try updating a dual boot system?

I’m having Sierra and Windows on two separate SSDs as well as a separate NTFS-formatted HDD in my system and am afraid, that the switch to APFS could mess things up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Went really well the update.
Just added fakesmc.kext to efi/clover/kexts/other
Disabled SIP
Updated lilu and intelgraphicsfixup.kext to 1.1.7
Working fine so far.
But 144hz is still not working

Motherboard
ASrock X99 Extreme4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 960, R9 280X & RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Read that High Sierra will (weekly?) check your EFI as a security precaution and compare against known good files.

Is this a surprise to anyone? Is there potential Apple might use this to throw a wrench in non-Apple hardware?

aol

Motherboard
GA-Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I’m having Sierra and Windows on two separate SSDs as well as a separate NTFS-formatted HDD in my system and am afraid, that the switch to APFS could mess things up.

I updated a dual boot system. The High Sierra installer did not touch the Windows disk or the HDD. The only other drive is an NVME and High Sierra did not convert it to apfs, possibly because the installer couldn't see it? Or High Sierra only converts the drive you're installing to but I've heard mixed reports on that. Safest to disconnect other drives. I did not disconnect the nvme when I upgraded (or any drive) FWIW.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630, RTX 2080 Super
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

It's not a problem as you can see :)

Fast download, smooth update.. a shame there's no webdrivers. I guess HS will sit on my testdrive until there is (if there is)

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 21.48.02.png

aol

Motherboard
GA-Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Read that High Sierra will (weekly?) check your EFI as a security precaution and compare against known good files.

Is this a surprise to anyone? Is there potential Apple might use this to throw a wrench in non-Apple hardware?
I read it as, improving security, making sure real Macs have up-to-date firmware, nothing Big Brotherish. non-Apple hardware has been around so long now I would be surprised if Apple suddenly started going out of it's way to mess with it. After all once you go Mac you never go back. Or something. ;)

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Firmware could not be validated during install?

The firmware error has a couple suggested fixes. The one that worked for me when I got it on one of the betas was to disconnect all windows drives. In fact, safest to disconnect any other drive you don't need and reconnect after install.

If that doesn't help, @RehabMan reports that setting your firmware version to a newer version fixes the issue, but I am unclear on how you do that, maybe it's a config.plist thing, like, open clover configurator, and make sure the firmware version is the latest up-to-date firmware for your SMBIOS? Not clear on that solution.
Make sure SIP is disabled (not just kext signing and filesystem), latest Clover and you should run the update app from the start every time you get this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.