Not open for further replies.

samisnake

Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
Download was very fast (UK). Installation was a bit funny. Restarted the system, got to Clover, boot macOS install, bar moves along, but then sits there for a few mins and restarts.
Try again, this time sits there for a while. Thinking, hmmm. So manually restart system. Boots to Clover, my original macOS partition is gone! So, now I'M thinking I've got no choice but to let it try the installer.
Left it for about 10mins, and it worked! Lessons learned: be patient!
Total time, including the download, can't have been more than 30mins. Great guide as ever, tony!

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 20.01.20.png

Motherboard
Dell inpiron 3542
CPU
i3 4005u
Graphics
HD 4400 and nividia 820m
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
up to you

i would make a pen drive in case you run into any difficulties
Download was very fast (UK). Installation was a bit funny. Restarted the system, got to Clover, boot macOS install, bar moves along, but then sits there for a few mins and restarts.
Try again, this time sits there for a while. Thinking, hmmm. So manually restart system. Boots to Clover, my original macOS partition is gone! So, now I'M thinking I've got no choice but to let it try the installer.
Left it for about 10mins, and it worked! Lessons learned: be patient!
Total time, including the download, can't have been more than 30mins. Great guide as ever, tony!

View attachment 280437
Well. I must say. Direct upgrade with Clover is very easy with 10.13.

View attachment 280434
Did u get an install from updates option or download from the app store and then install? I am not getting the update option in App Store when I update. It says no updates available. Can u please help? If I download it from the App Store, will it work same as upgrading it from the update option of the App Store?

Motherboard
HP Envy 700-230ea (2AF3)
CPU
Intel I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270/Intel HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Firmware could not be validated during install?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did u get an install from updates option or download from the app store and then install? I am not getting the update option in App Store when I update. It says no updates available. Can u please help? If I download it from the App Store, will it work same as upgrading it from the update option of the App Store?
shouldn't make any difference

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3
CPU
Intel I7 7700
Graphics
HD 630 1536MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Download very fast - Last High Sierra Beta - High Sierra ok

Perfect! :)

Pending issues since Beta:
HD 630 with two monitors
HDMI audio

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-09-25 a las 21.17.14.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-09-25 a las 21.17.14.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 185

aol

Motherboard
GA-Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does someone with Intel processor and nVidia GTX card (all using clover on previous sierra installation) upgraded to high sierra? My build is working perfectly so I don't wanna screw up something. Of course I will do a clone on other disk anyway, but I am just asking if it's worth trying it.

I also know there isn't driver for nvidia on 10.13, but I am just asking :headbang:
Yes, through all the betas and most recently the GM released today. I'm on a pascal GPU so no web drivers yet. I upgraded my backup Sierra install, not my day-to-day. I'm waiting for web drivers (..aaaand maybe 10.13.1) before I do that. Worth trying it? Can't answer that for you. apfs is too new really to understand the tradeoffs, and developer packages (homebrew etc) are almost surely in a state of flux. It's fun to play with for now. I'm running the GM as I type this and all the basics except web drivers are working great.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Direct update.

Motherboard
GA-Z270N Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook

You can’t update from one OS to another; that’s an upgrade. That’s why you don’t see anything for High Sierra while in a previous OS’s App Store update screen. You need to click on the High Sierra link on the main page of the App Store.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Update went perfect on my H77N-WIFI. Will update my Z/H77N-WIFI for Audio but everything seems to be up and running here.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 20.28.59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.