Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be clear, you only need to drop the MATS (and DMAR, and other bothersome tables) if it's in your particular motherboard's firmware. When you say you don't have the drop MATS option in ACPI, do you mean, when you go to ACPI tab, and to the Drop Tables section, and click the "PLUS" sign to add, then click _double arrows_ in the new empty box with double arrows under Signature, and scroll down, you don't see MATS (it's there in recent clovers)? or do you mean your board doesn't have it in firmware (hit 'o' in clover screen)?

But my understanding is that the solution to these "drop MATS and DMAR tables if your firmware has them to prevent backtrace" issues is to, instead, tick 'FixHeaders_20000000' on the Acpi tab, Fixes, tab '2'.

TLDR; don't drop MATS or DMAR, tick FixHeaders_20000000.
My firmware doesn’t have it. I simply solved the whole nVidia problem by going and picking up an ATI gpu. Problem solved in less that a minute. Hell with nVidia. LOL

LG 43UD78-B at the moment. Quad LG 27UD68 when I swap my main.

Today I switched to quad LG 27UD68.

It works fine with DP for all four, but only after I switched from 18,3 to 14,2 and switched the order of the monitor cables.

Last edited:
I updated to the latest Clover and then updated via the AppStore. This went smooth and I successfully booted into macOS High Sierra. I installed the supplementary update and this went smooth too. At some point however Clover on my MacHDD could no longer boot. I tried installing it again but it never added the UEFI boot entry. Since at this point I didnt know how to manually add the UEFI boot entry (i later discovered this using bcfg in UEFI shell) and I was in anyway tempted to do a clean installation I formatted my MacHDD. This is where things started going wrong. My first USB installer (created using createinstallmedia) complained about files being missing during installation. Not being able to find any solution I created the installer again on a different USB drive and this worked. For some reason Clover still didnt add my UEFI boot entries but I found a way to do this via the UEFI shell via Clover.

Now comes the interesting part: I have a WiPi USB Wifi module. It uses the RT2870 chipset. The usual route is to install BearExtender (that includes a kext for this chipset). I have several variations of this installer that I found on different forums. I even found a Edimax installer that supposedly is more up to date (version 5.0.1.28 of the RT kext). No matter what I tried, after I installed BearExtender or Edimax's version (which basically just includes a variation of BearExtender) it broke my installation. I kept getting that dreaded "OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated" error. I literally tried every variation of this driver (switching between the two provided by Clover, even the low memory one, using the free2000 variation, etc). I was never able to boot again. There was also no way for me to get into the installation to uninstall BearExtender. I tried all kinds of boot arguments, safe mode, etc. Nothing worked. Not even the USB installer could boot into the MacHDD. The only solution was reformat and reinstall. I must have easily reinstalled 8 times to attempt a variety of methods to install my USB Wifi that worked perfrectly on Sierra and even after the High Sierra upgrade (since it was already installed). But clearly something killed my macOS during the installation process of BearExtender.

The ultimate solution for me was to manually install BearExtender (bypassing the installer completely). I installed the RT2870 kext following the usual routes (took the one from Edimax since it's most up to date). I then took a backup copy of the BearExtender Wifi Utility (copied it from my Sierra installation before reformatting) and manually copied that back to my Applications folder and adding it to my login items. Finally I had to extract the BearExtender installer to find a ".framework" file in the installer's API folder. This had to go to /Library/Frameworks on my MacHDD. And voila, success! It only took a whole day to figure this out :)

Ever since I got that working my machine has been stable. I dont think I understand the OsxAptioFixDrv issue very well but I didnt know that installing software in macOS would affect how this driver works. I thought this was only to start the boot process and that it wasnt affected by what's installed on macOS.

Nope.. it only got to the "Error: Requested memory exceeds our allocated...." message. Then it proceeded 30s later with an error saying unable to load kernel caches. It never reached the ++++.

what's r4173 and that fakesmc? can you point me to them. Have the same motherboard as you but haven't dared to update as of yet.
If you don't know, I'd wait for the updated UniBeast and MultiBeast which should be out before the week's end. (Finger's crossed.) Like Yosemite before, High Sierra brought new programming challenges.

r4173 is a version of Clover and FakeSMC is in your /Library/Extensions/ folder. See the following tonymacx86 guides for more information:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

However, I recommend you wait on High Sierra as it's 10.13.0. Not only does the new HS have bugs, but a new file system, too. We're working on giving you the choice in UniBeast to stick to the current HSF+ file system or go with the new Apple File System (APFS). My production systems will not get moved over to HS until at least 10.13.3 is released. Like I said, too many new "things" in HS.

Will be released the tools for installing High Sierra (unibeast+multibeast)? I thought it would be out by now. =)

Thanks

TLDR; don't drop MATS or DMAR, tick FixHeaders_20000000.
Thanks aol - I've just tried this on my hackintosh and it works exactly as you described :thumbup:

Previously, I was dropping my DMAR table but now I can use FixHeaders instead :)

For those that don't use Clover Configurator to edit their config.plist (for whatever reason) you need to add the fix under ACPI in the DSDT Fixes section:
Code:
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
       <key>Fixes</key>
       <dict>
              <key>FixHeaders_20000000</key>
              <true/>
       </dict>
</dict>

Will be released the tools for installing High Sierra (unibeast+multibeast)? I thought it would be out by now. =)

Thanks
Too bad you didn't read the post before your post. :rolleyes:

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back