Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasn't straight forward, but using the information in this post I was able to complete the HS upgrade.

Basically I had to turn sip on using CSR 0X0, uninstall Nvidia drivers, reboot, reinstall. there may have been other steps, but this is what I think fixed the issue for me.

Sometimes my system has to boot a few times before it can turn on NVIDIA properly. It seems to initialize but then it reboots sometimes. So, if that happens, try to reboot a few times and see if you can log in. Also booting with VESA once and then rebooting normally sometimes fixes the problem, I think it *might* be an issue with some BIOS/mobo combinations that have some obscure bug apparently not expected by the kernel... (Or maybe I have a faulty memory chip in my GPU card and I haven't found out that yet.....)

So... Update time? Update time I guess. I now have looked a bit deeper into the WindowServer crash and it seems that it is indeed caused by an assertion failure in the driver:
Code:
Assertion failed: (((serviceCount > 0) && (serviceCount == mpCount)) || (serviceCount == 0) - Driver Error: 1 of 5 framebuffers were successfully opened), function CGXMappedDisplayStart, file /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreDisplay/CoreDisplay-79.8/CoreDisplay/IODisplay/MappedDisplay.cpp, line 4632.

So now I am currently reverse engineering the drivers to find that assert and hopfefully get a grasp of what goes wrong here. Problem is though I do not think that Apple would be particularly happy to fix a driver crash in a hackintosh, so we are on our own. Let's see.

Solution time!

So it turns out that it all came down to the co-existance of the integraded graphics (HD2500, which is not even supported but somehow worked non the less) and the dedicated GTX760. In particular, my motherboard, the ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP does not allow me to completely turn off the integraded graphics but only set a default device (IGP, PCIe, PCI).

The MVP in my case is short for a feature called Lucid Virtu which basically is multi-GPU for desktop... you can now guess what the problem is, and if you guessed "multi GPU" you're probably right. In my case editing the BIOS settings a few times resulted in a configuration that booted; notably, set Advanced -> North Bridge Configuration as follows:

- Primary GPU: PCIe
- Share Memory: Auto (Note: if you ever wish to boot Snow Leopard, set this to 32M, otherwise SL won't boot. Also, you need a compatible SL graphics card, but the HD2500 works fine in this case)
- Everything else: Disabled.

Combined with the 10.13.3 Update that I was able to complete in safe mode from my kinda-working setup before, my system is now back to speed as it was with Sierra. Photoshop does not lag anymore and UI lag in general is also back to a reasonable minimum. Gaming performance is crap as always but I can always boot into Windows for that, now that I see Clover again :)

Next up is the problem of the nearly constantly on HDD led. Let's see what this is about.

@IdealDev find out what your motherboard is, it'll probably be the same story. For what it's worth, this is probably also fixable with an DSDT patch to disable the IGPU with a Name(STA, _Zero) patch, but I'm not too fond about unneccessary ACPI patches.

Cheers,
missjellyfish

I have same problem . how to solve this issue . please help me

Attachments

• IMG_5196.JPG
    IMG_5196.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 775
I have same problem . how to solve this issue . please help me
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Serial.png

Enabling single user mode (-s) solved my problem and now I see apple logo and progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back