i5-3550 3.3GHz
Graphics
MSI RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently bought the MSI Radeon RX 560 4gb to upgrade to Mojave since it was the cheapest card that supported Metal. My plan was to use it to replace my previous card, the ATI Radeon HD 6570. The 560 came in the mail yesterday, and I thought it was plug and play, since all AMD drivers, or at least this one, was built into MacOS. Well, trying to get it to boot up normally wouldn't work, so I successfully booted it in safe mode, when to About My Mac, then to System Report, then Graphics, and to my dismay, it did not say Metal was supported. I'm guessing this only happens in safe mode. So I made sure my Time Machine Backup was up to date, used Carbon Copy Cloner to make a copy of my entire Macintosh HD to an external HD (2 is better than 1). Then I went to reinstall MacOS High Sierra because it wouldn't boot up normally. I used Unibeast to make a boot disc, downloaded Multibeast and copied it to the same flash drive. Plugged it in to the Hackintosh, loaded up to clover, and selected MacOS High Sierra Installer, and Selected Macintosh HD. (If it changes anything, I have a 500gb HDD and a 500gb SSD running as a Fusion Drive). After the install was completed, I loaded up into clover, and MacOS High Sierra installed itself to the Recovery HD Drive (With the MacOS High Sierra Tonymacx86 logo on it). I also see another Recovery HD, but this one has the Recovery HD logo on it. How can I actually install a working, new version of High Sierra and check if my graphics card is supported in Metal? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
MacOS High Sierra installed itself to the Recovery HD
Ordinarily the Recovery partition is not big enough to install the OS onto it, if yours is then something is wrong.

Yeah, that’s what i’m thinking. I’m currently installing a copy of Mojave to an external hard drive from my iMac, and I’m going to try to boot off of it on my hackintosh.

Update: After installing mojave on an external hd and successfully booting from it on the imac, booting from it on the hackintosh results in a “attempting system restart: MACH reboot” same outcome when done in safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back