Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you manage to install the new drivers ( 378.10.10.10.15.117) without the loop problem ?
Yes. After I uninstalled the drivers from command line, I was able to enter the system and install new drivers. Maybe try removing some options in clover boot.

It worked smoothly for me. I did those steps:
1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Driver through the control panel.
2. Mount the EFI-Partition and replace the apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ with the new one: apfs.efi.zip
3. Start downloading the update and restart.
4. When you see the Clover menu, choose Mac OS Install not Mac OS. If you do that, you will end up on the same version as before.
5. When your Computer restarts and you are able to lock back in, go and start downloading and install the new Nvidia Web Driver.
6. Restart and it should work.
New Nvidia Web. Driver: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg
Hope you succeed :D

Thanks! Working for me too. With a warning at Nvidia webDriver installation but everything works fine :)

Really disappointing the first post wasn’t updated about the issue with web drivers. Broke my install. Guess I’ll pull my card. Nv_disable isn’t working.

I was able to use recovery to remove the web drivers after pulling my card. Now everytime I re-install the web drivers it kills my install.

Last edited:
Cooked my Skylake build. Had to boot my backup Sierra install, remove the NVDA and Geforce KEXTS out of L/E and S/L/E and then I could boot into it. Updated Graphics and away we go.

Interestingly the Geforce files I removed from S/L/E weren't replaced when I updated the drivers. Did I delete too many files? Any problem with this? I have all the backups but don't want to start moving things back in case it cooks the build again. I'm assuming anything important will be put back during the next update.

Cooked my Skylake build. Had to boot my backup Sierra install, remove the NVDA and Geforce KEXTS out of L/E and S/L/E and then I could boot into it. Updated Graphics and away we go.

Interestingly the Geforce files I removed from S/L/E weren't replaced when I updated the drivers. Did I delete too many files? Any problem with this? I have all the backups but don't want to start moving things back in case it cooks the build again. I'm assuming anything important will be put back during the next update.
Nvidia web drivers now live in L/E

Nvidia web drivers now live in L/E
To be clear, some web drivers live in L/E and some still live in S/L/E. You can view the list of files using the Show Files menu item in the installer. You can also view the contents of the installer using Pacifist.app, including the preinstall script (which outputs an error when SIP is disabled), and the postinstall script (which uses the command "nvram nvda_drv=1").

Code:
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGF100HalWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGK100HalWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGP100HalWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanTeslaWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext" id="com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceAIRPluginWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceGLDriverWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceMTLDriverWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGAWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaGAWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>
    <bundle path="./System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb" CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5"/>

hey can somebody help me ive installed high sierra and i want to install the supplemental update when i click install from appstore it tries t install then says osx 10.13 supplemental update couldnt be verified i then downloaded the dmg file for the update but i cant open it

Yes, have the same problem with ASUS laptop (no nvidia stuff just Intel HD4400). Luckily, it doesn't do anything other than abort the update and do a restart. There is a message after rebooting that update failed with no details, just an offer to update again.

Same configuration. Dual boot, no APFS.

For now, my solution is to just hide the update (right click in the App Store update item and select Hide) since I don't think this update is anything I really need. Will wait to see if the next major update runs into the same problem to have to do something and/or the problem has been diagnosed with a guaranteed fix that isn't related to use of nvidia drivers.

Update: I was able to do the update using the same procedure as for the install. Clone the partition to external drive, update that partition with standalone supplemental update installer that allows you to select a target, boot to that external drive after update (there may be issues unless cache is rebuilt, my backlight kext wasn't working and there were video glitches until the cache was rebuilt), make sure everything is OK and then clone back. The problem may be the dual partition which the High Sierra installer has a problem with as well.

PS: I also tried booting to the external drive and then running the supplemental update on the internal drive which is now offline but that install also failed. Cloning back works fine. Seems like the new installers don't like multiple partitions or lack of Recovery partition on the target drive.

Can you please tell me what you used to clone?

Also on this laptop for some reason my eSATA port does not work so I will need to buy external drive. eSata simply connected with regular HDD works splendidly, but not on this laptop.

I just wish installer gave some error so we know what's the problem.

For those who still got infinite bootloop after applying all possible solutions mentioned in previous post like me, can try the new Nvidia driver 378.10.10.10.15.121. It fix my bootloop issue.
However, by default it doesn't load the nvidia webdriver directly.
I have to go to clover bootloader menu and choose -> Options-> Graphic Injector -> and tick the Use Nvidia Web driver.

Now my problem is I can't find the corresponding entry in the Clover Configuration app in order to make this setting permanent. Is there anyone know how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back