Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after rolling back from CCC, here are my steps:

1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers (I did not change the NvidiaWeb flag in the clover config file. Left it at true)
2. Restart
3. Copy new Apfs.efi to Clover folder.
4. Ran the update through AppStore
After restart.
Another surprise here too: At restart, boot into macOS install. At end another restart
Now boot your macOs

5. Download latest Nvidia Web driver and install
6. Install audio using Toleda script audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command

:thumbup:

When you install the new Nvidia driver, do you still have to turn on SIP first? Or is that no longer necessary with the latest driver?

Ok, finally I was able to install the Supplemental Update.
0. Installed Clover r4233
1. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Driver.
2. New Apfs.efi on Clover folder.
3. Deleted the Emuvariable.efi in Clover and concludes that my system works fine without this drive.
4. Ran the update through AppStore.

EDIT: Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver :headbang:

worked for me!! thanks

Hi

I updated without the instructions here. Went into KP. Had to remove Nvidia card to complete installation. When I put it on again it wont boot without SIP enabled.

For now I have enabled SIP. Do I still need to change the apfs.efi?

So I had a perfectly working Sierra and tried newest High Sierra upgrade and failed. Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for help.
I had done following:
1. Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers and rebooted Sierra without acceleration and no Nvidia Web Drivers
2. Downloaded latest High Sierra from App Store
3. Followed upgrade guide using terminal to keep HFS+
4. Rebooted Clover and picked Boot MacOS Install
Apple with process line started and then CIRCLE With SLASH.... Groan..???

Anything obvious I missed please give me suggestions.

Thanks
Steve

I will follow this:

It worked smoothly for me. I did those steps:
1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Driver through the control panel.
2. Mount the EFI-Partition and replace the apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ with the new one: apfs.efi.zip
3. Start downloading the update and restart.
4. When you see the Clover menu, choose Mac OS Install not Mac OS. If you do that, you will end up on the same version as before.
5. When your Computer restarts and you are able to lock back in, go and start downloading and install the new Nvidia Web Driver.
6. Restart and it should work.
New Nvidia Web. Driver: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg
Hope you succeed
Thanks for copying my comment without mentioning me.....

Spent the day updating my i5 NUC D54250WYK (iMac G5 case) system to High Sierra. Got considerable graphics corruption using both Chrome and Firefox browsers. The screen would flicker out of control from the bottom to about an inch above the dock at the base. Safari seemed to behave ok, but the supplemental update caused corruption in that browser too. Graphic images were dotted with artifacts. Mysterious dark shading occurred in Finder windows as well. This machine has performed absolutely flawless in the 3 years I've owned it over several versions of OSX/MacOS. Not so with High Sierra 10.13, nope.

I tried an update to my Sierra and a base install using a USB installer stick. Tried APFS and HFS+ installations. Both performed the same. The graphics drivers simply aren't up to snuff for the Intel HD5000 chip that this unit uses. Despite the fact that it was a reasonably painless install that went smoothly, the final booted result was less than stellar on this system.

SuperDuper to the rescue. Put everything back the way it was. Will wait a revision or two and try again then.

Ersterhernd

When you install the new Nvidia driver, do you still have to turn on SIP first? Or is that no longer necessary with the latest driver?

To be honest, this is a bit of a grey area for me. I don't change that part of my config. SIP for me is always Disabled Completely:

Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>

I went via the clover wiki here : https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#rtvariables_csractiveconfig. So, I my configuration it is always completely disabled. Unless clover wiki is wrong.

If my setting is 0x0 then I would need to change prior to making the install.

This is something I have asked previously in the forum, but have no direct answer.

Last edited:
10.13 (17A405)

upgrade from appstore, removed NVIDIA card, injected intel, Nvidia driver upgrade , dont reboot, apply AGDPfix.v1.3, reboot, done. Nvidia card back, everything 100%

I had done something worst in my life, I had updated my bios and after that nothing worked. I spent about 7 hours on trying to install my Hackintosh and now everything is running smoother than before the direct upgrade... no short freezes or hangs... I like it so much now

This is the first OSX / MacOs upgrade I have held back and read everything in the forum first and I am glad I did, had a few issues at first but soon rectified.

Downloaded Latest Clover, Created USB installer, Booted from USB, using -v, nv_disable=1 and dropping mats through Clover.

First reboot made sure to boot the right partition still using the above commands and again for third reboot.
Got into HS, downloaded and installed update making sure to boot from the right volume and use the same commands until into the updated HS.

Downloaded Nvdia Kext, rebooted again using the commands and also disabled sip through Clover.

Installed Nvidia Kext rebooted into HS.

Updated Clover Config to Drop Mats and put the latest config into EFI partition and here we are now.

Everything seems to running better than Sierra!! I have even re enabled Intel Graphics as well.

My advice to everyone would be persevere, We are running a Great Os on the wrong hardware, there will be issues but there is nearly always a way, that is why Clover, Tonymac, Unibeast etc exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back