Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a second bootable drive in my box, thankfully, (SSD vs NVMe) and was able to manually uninstall the drivers..

In Library/Extensions, and System/Library/Extensions, delete NVDA* & Geforce*

This allowed me to boot back up with no issues, other than not accelerated, and only one monitor, obviously... anxiously waiting on new drivers.. :p

I was able to remove the files you mentioned here, using the recovery partition and Terminal from there. Thank you!

Can you give me steps how to do this? I screwed up and didn’t uninstall my nvidia before I updated now I’m in a reboot loop.

@sdodson0 follow @Stork's post here

You need to boot into the recovery partition, open terminal and remove the related kexts. Then boot back into your HS install, mount the EFI and change the config.plist CsrActiveConfig to 0x0, reboot. Open System Preferences -> Security -> Leave the General Tab open and start the new Nvidia driver install. Ok it when the message appears. Don't reboot. Open terminal, touch /L/E and /S/L/E. Mount the EFI partition again and change the CsrActiveConfig back to 0x3 and reboot.

This breaks audio, so you will have to re-run the ALC command. Hope this helps

Can you give me steps how to do this? I screwed up and didn’t uninstall my nvidia before I updated now I’m in a reboot loop.

Boot into Recovery open Utilities => Terminal and then type

rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions/GeForce*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions/NVDA*"

Of course you have to replace "Macintosh HD" with your partitions name :)

I couldn't get the update to work. I installed the new apfs.efi, uninstalled NVDIA web drivers and restarted, then I tried to restart again with the update, it just gave me a screen with a menubar that said "SystemUpdateLauncher". with no windows. So followed the path of re-downloading HighSierra installer and reinstalled the OS because this included the update in it. Then after the reinstall, I applied audo_cloverALC-130_v.0.3.command to get the audio back and everything seems to be working fine.

I just have one question, since my video card works with stock drivers, would you still recommend the web drivers for better performance or would it not even matter?

Thanks.

it just gave me a screen with a menubar that said "SystemUpdateLauncher". with no windows.
Thanks.

I was puzzled by this as well and nearly did a re-install however the solution oddly enough is just to press Return even though there is no dialogue or button present. This will start they upgrade process. See http://www.mac-forums.com/macos-operating-system/313849-software-update-laucher-hangup.html

I do now have an additional "Pre-boot Mac OS Install" menu item in the Clover Boot menu that I am not sure how to get rid of...

Ok, finally I was able to install the Supplemental Update.
0. Installed Clover r4233
1. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Driver.
2. New Apfs.efi on Clover folder.
3. Deleted the Emuvariable.efi in Clover and concludes that my system works fine without this drive.
4. Ran the update through AppStore.

EDIT: Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver :headbang:
How to uninstall the Nvidia web driver in detail or step to step ,can you help me?

Well, in clover boot into recovery. When booted, select from menu Utilities > Terminal. cd to /Volumes/<DiskName>/Library/Extensions. You can check it issuing 'mount'. Remove all NVDA* and Ge* in the folder (10 of them in total). Reboot

At anyone - Is the new 'Apfs.efi' new to the update or new to High Sierra? I did it originally with my vanilla HS install but haven't had to overwrite it with the one linked in this thread..

Just out of interest are there any differences between the two?

but does anybody have USB audio working with (latest) High Sierra?

It's working fine here with the TonyMac recommended USB audio device (Sabrent USB). Like you I just got tired of fiddling with motherboard drivers and this device has solved that problem for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back