Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a heck of a time with High Sierra. I just recently (Oct 20) downloaded High Sierra and can assume that the "supplemental update" is part of the installer.

1. So High Sierra installs without a single issue. *NOTE: decided to keep HFS + on the boot drive.
2. Video , audio, iMessage, etc.. all work just fine.

HOWEVER, upon reboot, the system get's to the Apple logo, starts the load progress bar then simply reboots. No errors or kernel panic.. Just reboots.

So almost all the posts in this thread refer to Nvidia kexts causing the issue. However, I'm running a Sapphire AMD Radeon 580 card. Just for good measure, redid the entire install from 10.12.6 to High Sierra three times. Same exact thing... High Sierra installs without a single issue, but on reboot, goes into a reboot loop.

Removed the NVIDA KEXTS in /L/E and /S/L/E.

Still keeps going into a reboot loop even though the initial install of High Sierra is 100% good to go!

Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 580 Nitro + 8gig
KEXTS in /Other: AppleIntelE1000e.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, CPUSensors.kext, EAPDFix.kext, FakeSMC.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, Lilu.kext, LPCSensors.kext, realtekALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext.
Clover: 4243
System Definition: MacPro6,1

Anybody have any thoughts?

Last edited:
For those who still got infinite bootloop after applying all possible solutions mentioned in previous post like me, can try the new Nvidia driver 378.10.10.10.15.121. It fix my bootloop issue.
However, by default it doesn't load the nvidia webdriver directly.
I have to go to clover bootloader menu and choose -> Options-> Graphic Injector -> and tick the Use Nvidia Web driver.

Now my problem is I can't find the corresponding entry in the Clover Configuration app in order to make this setting permanent. Is there anyone know how to do it?

With your boot disk's EFI partition open, double-click on /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. In the left column of Clover Configurator's display, click on "System Parameters." In the resulting display, look in the upper right corner of the window. Check the "NvidiaWeb" box; that should do it.

With your boot disk's EFI partition open, double-click on /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. In the left column of Clover Configurator's display, click on "System Parameters." In the resulting display, look in the upper right corner of the window. Check the "NvidiaWeb" box; that should do it.

Thanks! It works!!!

Can you please tell me what you used to clone?

Also on this laptop for some reason my eSATA port does not work so I will need to buy external drive. eSata simply connected with regular HDD works splendidly, but not on this laptop.

I just wish installer gave some error so we know what's the problem.

I have used Super Duper for a long time without problems for software.

I use the USB/Sata enclosure that came with a Kingston SSD to connect an SSD via USB port to clone and back.

Gosh what a nightmare of a little update. I'm on 10.12.6 Sierra and did it without reading this thread first (because Apple made it seem like I was only updating itunes :banghead:) and unfortunately I got into the endless reboot and nothing seemed to solve it... I'm on an x99 motherboard so onboard video was not an option and I only have nvidia video cards.

After playing around and trying many suggestions, I found that simply turning off CSM in the bios and then booting with nv_disable=1 from clover worked for me! I was able to get back into the OS and update the driver and cuda then reboot and enable CSM again..

Just thought I'd share in-case this helps anyone
--mike

Heads up, The latest security update from today changes the build number, disabling the nvidia driver. no update as of yet.

Security Update 2017-001
Released November 29, 2017

Directory Utility

Available for: macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Not impacted: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and earlier

Long Live Sierra! :clap:

Whoever is on HFS file system - does the update convert it to APFS?
It does convert to apfs. Everything seems to work the same. No issues. Gigabyte GA z97 udh3 with i7 4790k. Onboard video and audio work perfect. Dolby digital and dts work fine though the spdif.

It does convert to apfs. Everything seems to work the same. No issues. Gigabyte GA z97 udh3 with i7 4790k. Onboard video and audio work perfect. Dolby digital and dts work fine though the spdif.
Wrong, can confirm it does not convert JHFS+ to apfs.
Sys-Info.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back