Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've inadvertently updated without removing the web drivers... now it just reboots when booting up (presumably it's this famous kernel panic). Any advice on how to solve it? Is there a way to disable (or manually uninstall) the Nvidia web drivers? nv_disable=1 as boot argument just create a loading icon that spins forever

I have a second bootable drive in my box, thankfully, (SSD vs NVMe) and was able to manually uninstall the drivers..

In Library/Extensions, and System/Library/Extensions, delete NVDA* & Geforce*

This allowed me to boot back up with no issues, other than not accelerated, and only one monitor, obviously... anxiously waiting on new drivers.. :p

Thanks for replying. I'll sit out till there's a new WebDriver, I'm safely back on 10.12.6 for now.

All the best.

That's great news. So are you using the update with the Nvidia drivers then? Did you just change the build number like before?
Change build number in web loader, repair permissions (this is key, it won't work otherwise). clear/rebuid kext cache.

You do not need clones or reinstall anything if you did the install with web drivers. Boot the recovery partition and launch time machine (this update is doing a time machine access by default). With a SSD it takes 1 min to go back to standard 10.13.0

EDIT : Just launched it on my old beast with GTX 660 : it loose monitor signal, there is high activity disk and it does nothing = cannot finish the update.

First time ever I cannot do an update on this computer since Yosemite !! I cannot believe that.

Last edited:
Just read the support document, at the very end states "New downloads of macOS High Sierra 10.13 include the security content of the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update.". Over on Macrumours they're getting 13.0.66 (the previous installer, 13.0.64?).

I have no idea if this now means we also need a new version of Clover as well as WebDrivers? We already have the apfs.efi posted.

I cannot personally verify there *is* a new installer, now in Windows, only passing on what I read in the document and on other forums.

Good luck.

Just read the support document, at the very end states "New downloads of macOS High Sierra 10.13 include the security content of the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update.". Over on Macrumours they're getting 13.0.66 (the previous installer, 13.0.64?).

I have no idea if this now means we also need a new version of Clover as well as WebDrivers? We already have the apfs.efi posted.

I cannot personally verify there *is* a new installer, now in Windows, only passing on what I read in the document and on other forums.

Good luck.

On Mac App Store it says that it has been uploaded today so redownloading High Sierra from there will include the Supplemental update.

You do not need clones or reinstall anything if you did the install with web drivers. Boot the recovery partition and launch time machine (this update is doing a time machine access by default). With a SSD it takes 1 min to go back to standard 10.13.0

EDIT : Just launched it on my old beast with GTX 660 : it loose monitor signal, there is high activity disk and it does nothing = cannot finish the update.

First time ever I cannot do an update on this computer since Yosemite !! I cannot believe that.
That's exactly what I did. 10.13 APFS, everything running 5 stars. I tried 10.13.1 beta and could not finish the update, today I tried the Supplemental Update for 10.13 and the same thing. For the first time, I'm also not finishing an update ... and I still do not understand why!

That's exactly what I did. 10.13 APFS, everything running 5 stars. I tried 10.13.1 beta and could not finish the update, today I tried the Supplemental Update for 10.13 and the same thing. For the first time, I'm also not finishing an update ... and I still do not understand why!
are you booting off the DIFFERENT "install macOS" partition to finish update? the updates create a new partition that you must choose on boot via clover to finalize update

are you booting off the DIFFERENT "install macOS" partition to finish update? the updates create a new partition that you must choose on boot via clover to finalize update
Yes of course! I've been on this for a few years, but thanks for the warning :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back