- Feb 6, 2017
- Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra (rev 1.0)
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
I will follow this:
It worked smoothly for me. I did those steps:
1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Driver through the control panel.
2. Mount the EFI-Partition and replace the apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ with the new one: apfs.efi.zip
3. Start downloading the update and restart.
4. When you see the Clover menu, choose Mac OS Install not Mac OS. If you do that, you will end up on the same version as before.
5. When your Computer restarts and you are able to lock back in, go and start downloading and install the new Nvidia Web Driver.
6. Restart and it should work.
New Nvidia Web. Driver: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-3220.127.116.11.15.117.pkg
Hope you succeed
I second this approach. I had to take courage to do the above (although I didn't read the above before I upgraded) as my macbook pro is not functional (i.e. I can't do anything in case I need to do screen sharing, etc).
I took the same approach as listed above, with exception that after uninstalling the Nvidia Web Driver, I rebooted first. The rest are exactly the same.
I hope this gives everyone certainty that the approach works.