Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. After removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi finally the installation completes after a sleepless night. This driver isn't needed anymore.

So you're saying you don't use the nvidia web driver anymore? And you can get proper acceleration on your graphic?

Boot into Recovery open Utilities => Terminal and then type

rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions/GeForce*"
rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions/NVDA*"

Of course you have to replace "Macintosh HD" with your partitions name :)
These instructions would also remove the system Nvidia drivers that ship with macOS. If globbing worked inside of quotes.

It seems this update broke my USB audio. Out of sheer laziness I've never bothered to install the appropriate drivers for my motherboard and have used a ZiiSound T6 USB audio device. Worked out of the box with every OSX version. Until this update. The device is seen, displayed in System Settings, selectable etc etc.... just no audio going to it. I don't mind changing the audio setup, but does anybody have USB audio working with (latest) High Sierra?
Mine got fixed by Toleda script

Ok, finally I was able to install the Supplemental Update.
0. Installed Clover r4233
1. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Driver.
2. New Apfs.efi on Clover folder.
3. Deleted the Emuvariable.efi in Clover and concludes that my system works fine without this drive.
4. Ran the update through AppStore.

EDIT: Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver :headbang:
Did you have the problem with "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" after you boot to MacOs Install?
I reverted because I couldn't make it work by disabling SIP options, but I would like to try again maybe with removing Emuvariable.efi now.

Did you have the problem with "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" after you boot to MacOs Install?
I reverted because I couldn't make it work by disabling SIP options, but I would like to try again maybe with removing Emuvariable.efi now.
Okay, that worked - removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for the duration of the installation

OK a few things I did whilst upgrading from Sierra using the new installer from the AppStore that contains the update.

1) Clone Sierra using CC or Super Duper to a spare drive, any drive and install clover on it, paste in your EFI and make sure you can boot from it. Get your Clover config.plist straight. Also create an installer bootable USB drive from the tutorials here. In Clover Configurator get your firmware dates correct. Check your SMBIOS. Check it again. You can either test install with the clone drive or go for broke on your main drive and as a last gasp at least boot from the USB.
2) I had issues with the supplemental update not handing off back to the default Nvdia drivers once the build number changed breaking the Web Drivers and causing a black screen. To avoid this, I uninstalled my web drivers completely before upgrading to HS.
3) I'm keeping apfs.efi up to date in my EFI, but I'm reading stories from all over the web and not converting. I'd look at Rehabman's guide to stay on HFS+J.
4) Installed from bash/Terminal using Rehabman's command in that post. Make sure you have unplugged anything you don't need.
5) Follow Stork's guide *exactly* for Nvidia web driver install and for goodness sake make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the Web Drivers.
6) Toleda scripts for Audio.
7) Everything works, including Logic and most importantly my external USB audio.

I read much, and was unafraid to ask questions and got all my ducks in a row before updating. Finally I checked the ducks once more. Then I updated.

All the best. Thanks to everyone along the way.

PS: GA-Z87-UD5H boards, you might want or need to drop MATS from ACPI in CC drop tables if you get an instantaneous backtrace error.

Last edited:
I had a clonezilla image of my SSD and decided to just try my luck and click on update.
To my surprise, it worked perfectly, no issues what so ever except my ethernet connection. I had to install realtek kext and run rebuild kext cache via kext wizard. Lo and behold, after a restart all was fine.

I will follow this:

It worked smoothly for me. I did those steps:
1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Driver through the control panel.
2. Mount the EFI-Partition and replace the apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ with the new one: apfs.efi.zip
3. Start downloading the update and restart.
4. When you see the Clover menu, choose Mac OS Install not Mac OS. If you do that, you will end up on the same version as before.
5. When your Computer restarts and you are able to lock back in, go and start downloading and install the new Nvidia Web Driver.
6. Restart and it should work.
New Nvidia Web. Driver: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg
Hope you succeed

I second this approach. I had to take courage to do the above (although I didn't read the above before I upgraded) as my macbook pro is not functional (i.e. I can't do anything in case I need to do screen sharing, etc).
I took the same approach as listed above, with exception that after uninstalling the Nvidia Web Driver, I rebooted first. The rest are exactly the same.

I hope this gives everyone certainty that the approach works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back